Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:41 AM
Default The Sims 1(console) or The Sims Bustin' Out
I've never played either one, but am considering buying one. I'm not sure which one to pick. Is Bustin' Out just The Sims 1 but with more stuff, or are there actual big differences between the two games?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:46 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 22nd Mar 2017 at 2:58 AM.
There's a big difference. The basic challenge part of the Sims 1 console game is called "Get a Life" and is all about learning how to play before you take control of the game and play as you wish. It's interesting on its own, but pales compared to the computer game. Bustin' Out, on the other hand, has a fully-fleshed out game with goals. The items are very interesting as are the locations where the challenges take place. At the end, there's a cut scene as a reward. Free play is also an option with this game. If I were to get only one, I'd probably choose Bustin' Out.

The video trailers for the two are here:

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:15 AM
I'd strongly recommend Bustin' Out instead. Bustin' Out has better content and more interesting locations allowing for slightly more creative freedom than the first game, while still retaining the overall humour and art style and control scheme of the first, all packaged together with one of the best soundtracks I ever heard.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:34 AM
I've played both and I'd recommend Bustin' Out as it allows you to re-visit past locations and it doesn't have a loading thing appear when the day-night cycle occurs. The main advantage for Sims 1 console is the extra free play lots and the fact the free play is more flexible allowing you to copy your sims into other households.