Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 1:32 AM
Default Townies stuck with "grow up" aspiration.
Well, I usually don't bother with townie friendships until a sim becomes a teen/YA, but this time RNG quirks made one of my playable children roll almost as if he selected popularity for aspiration already, - almost all he wanted for the entire week of his childhood was to befriend everyone in sight (and buy a parrot)... And one of his friends looked like good candidate for an eventual girlfriend, so when my sim grew up to teen, (and fair dice roll determined that yes, he's Popularity... You can almost believe sometimes that random numbers have minds of their own.) I aged her and two other friends he made in school...

Ok, sorry, here's the question... She still has "grow up" aspiration.
It's not a big deal with a playable, but do I need to fix it with other townie friends aged to Teen, even If I don't mean to turn them into playables eventually?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ac220
Well, I usually don't bother with townie friendships until a sim becomes a teen/YA, but this time RNG quirks made one of my playable children roll almost as if he selected popularity for aspiration already, - almost all he wanted for the entire week of his childhood was to befriend everyone in sight (and buy a parrot)... And one of his friends looked like good candidate for an eventual girlfriend, so when my sim grew up to teen, (and fair dice roll determined that yes, he's Popularity... You can almost believe sometimes that random numbers have minds of their own.) I aged her and two other friends he made in school...

Ok, sorry, here's the question... She still has "grow up" aspiration.
It's not a big deal with a playable, but do I need to fix it with other townie friends aged to Teen, even If I don't mean to turn them into playables eventually?

Hm, have you looked for a fix for that yet?

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 2:15 AM
Well, you can fix that with testingcheats. I'm just asking if it's something that needs to be done or if they'd be just fine as they are. (or if using townie aging is a stupid thing only n00bs do, because it causes eventual 'hood explosion, of course...)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 2:17 AM
I've heard that it can cause weird jumping issues. I always fix it just in case when aging children to teens.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 2:19 AM
I've never had a problem with my townies like that.

They should be fine.

Also, let's hope your townies reproduce.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 3:35 AM
I've noticed that too, and gone into SimPE and given them an aspiration based on their personalities.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 5:21 AM
I've had that before, but I don't age my townies using the FT thing (because I don't have FT, opting for agesimscheat on) and I always wondered why and if there is a fix. For story purposes I had to make that character leave his family so I didn't experiment really on how to fix the issue.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 7:38 AM
Select them with InSim and then choose their aspiration, plus turn ons and offs if you wish.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I've noticed that too, and gone into SimPE and given them an aspiration based on their personalities.

Quote: Originally posted by DM was on fire!
Select them with InSim and then choose their aspiration, plus turn ons and offs if you wish.

Hmm... Don't just plain testingcheats allow you to do the same thing?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ac220
Hmm... Don't just plain testingcheats allow you to do the same thing?

That was my thought because i don't often use testingcheats but have come across that option before.