Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 5:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SIMS 2 SUPER COLLECTION (can't installed house)
I installed my house in package installer like usual and then I run The Sims 2 super collection. I don't see my house in house & lots bin.
I tried to install it many time but nothing change, I tried to reinstall The Sims 2 super collection then I paste the downloads folder in The Sims 2, run game to enabled custom content then I quit and installed my house again, My house still not come in the house & lots bin. Please help me. What should I do.

I just upgrade to Sierra. Before upgrade It can installed.
Thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alisakbo
I installed my house in package installer like usual and then I run The Sims 2 super collection. I don't see my house in house & lots bin.
I tried to install it many time but nothing change, I tried to reinstall The Sims 2 super collection then I paste the downloads folder in The Sims 2, run game to enabled custom content then I quit and installed my house again, My house still not come in the house & lots bin. Please help me. What should I do.

I just upgrade to Sierra. Before upgrade It can installed.
Thanks.

Does The Sims™ 2: Package Installer.app tell you that it installed the house?

Does other Custom Content display? Do you have any other missing lots?

It is possible that you have run into the Mac's Open File Limit. You might want to read my post here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595866 It will have some symtoms of trying to have too many Open Files on your Mac.

I don't have Sierra I have El Capitan, so I can't test that part, sorry.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 7:03 PM
Is the file in Teleport after you've installed it and before you've opened the game? Is it gone from Teleport after you've run the game?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 3:56 PM
Default Thank you so much
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Does The Sims™ 2: Package Installer.app tell you that it installed the house?

Does other Custom Content display? Do you have any other missing lots?

It is possible that you have run into the Mac's Open File Limit. You might want to read my post here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595866 It will have some symtoms of trying to have too many Open Files on your Mac.

I don't have Sierra I have El Capitan, so I can't test that part, sorry.

yes, It tell.
and I have other missing lots

I read your post already. I have some problem that you tell, my lots missing from bin and I can't create family when I click the create family button the game load for a while and it quit unexpectedly. I still play it ! when It happen again I reinstall it. I never know about this before, This help me a lot. Thank you so much. and I try to understand that you tell but not fluent in English.

From my understand is
It The Sims 2 's issue in Mac?
and I must backup the game often, from 2 place (1.TSData, 2.The Sims 2 in library)
when has a problem again reinstalled game and place backup folder right?
this issue can happen again anytime?

Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 6:24 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Jun 2017 at 6:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alisakbo
yes, It tell.
and I have other missing lots

I read your post already. I have some problem that you tell, my lots missing from bin and I can't create family when I click the create family button the game load for a while and it quit unexpectedly. I still play it ! when It happen again I reinstall it. I never know about this before, This help me a lot. Thank you so much. and I try to understand that you tell but not fluent in English.

From my understand is
It The Sims 2 's issue in Mac?
and I must backup the game often, from 2 place (1.TSData, 2.The Sims 2 in library)
when has a problem again reinstalled game and place backup folder right?
this issue can happen again anytime?

Thanks

If you have the Too Many Open Files Problem in your Mac the Solution is to Either have less files in your Downloads Folder or do the Fix that I describe here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939

I hope that you can understand it, it is somewhat technical. Try saving a copy of my post there to your computer and then using Google translate on the instructions maybe.

The parts with XML are the parts that you copy and paste into 2 separate files and the rest are instructions.

Check it out and see. If you put the fix in most of the problems that you have been having with the Sims 2 will disapear.

Maybe you have a friend that knows English better? I wish I could translate the instructions for you.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.