Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 5:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Cameraman mode causing issues in Super Collection
I installed the Super Collection a few days ago. The game lets me go into cameraman mode just fine (by hitting Tab), but when I hit Tab again to take it OUT of that mode, the screen goes completely blue apart from the UI and won't respond. I have to switch away from the program and force quit without saving. Is there a patch or something I can install to stop this happening?

My OS is Sierra.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by myokichoccy
I installed the Super Collection a few days ago. The game lets me go into cameraman mode just fine (by hitting Tab), but when I hit Tab again to take it OUT of that mode, the screen goes completely blue apart from the UI and won't respond. I have to switch away from the program and force quit without saving. Is there a patch or something I can install to stop this happening?

My OS is Sierra.

I use F10 instead of Tab myself. However when I have used Tab, I did not have this problem as I recall.

If You put the Game App into the Dock, you then might try hitting F11 and then hitting the App to go back to the game, I think F11 makes it go to desktop.

If you have any Custom Content Installed have you tried with out the Custom Content? Have you tried with a new The Sims 2 folder by changing the name of your current The Sims 2 folder to something else and letting the game generate a new one?

It might be an issue with Sierra, I don't know. I don't use Sierra, I have El Capitan, so I can't test it exactly.

if the game still has this problem after you have tried with a fresh new The Sims 2 folder, you should check with Aspyr about this problem after you have done my suggested tests and you still have the problem. Aspyr will answer you and they can be helpful.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 1:55 PM

My OS is Sierra.

No idea what's happening there, but I can confirm that I'm running the game with Sierra, and tab to toggle cameraman mode on and off works without blue screens on my machine. So it's probably something about your setup that triggers it.

What's the spec of your Mac? What model, what graphics card, how much RAM do you have? Does it make any difference if you turn your settings lower (e.g. from high to medium), or change resolution?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 6:50 PM
It's not a custom content error or an issue with my The Sims 2 folder. Fiddling with the settings hasn't fixed the problem either.

I'm running a MacBook Pro, early 2013 model, with 16 GB RAM. The Sims 2 is using this graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB. (I have a second integrated graphics chip as well, not sure if that makes a difference.)

This is just a minor annoyance (I can still play the game fine and just not use Cameraman mode), so if the fix is needlessly complex or I have to contact Aspyr, I may just leave it and continue playing as is.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 7:46 PM
I don't know whether this helps, but on my old Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 I had a similar problem. I could get into cameraman mode just fine, but when I tried to tab out of it, the game would crash. I don't have that problem with my current tower. I don't think it was the RAM (8 Gigs on both old laptop and newer tower). Maybe the processor or graphics card couldn't handle it?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 10:23 PM
It's not a custom content error or an issue with my The Sims 2 folder. Fiddling with the settings hasn't fixed the problem either.

I'm running a MacBook Pro, early 2013 model, with 16 GB RAM. The Sims 2 is using this graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB. (I have a second integrated graphics chip as well, not sure if that makes a difference.)

This is just a minor annoyance (I can still play the game fine and just not use Cameraman mode), so if the fix is needlessly complex or I have to contact Aspyr, I may just leave it and continue playing as is.

It is possible that the game is not using the NVIDIA card, but is instead using the integrated chip and that is what is causing the issue. If so that is kind of outside my area of expertise, so maybe someone else can help with that on this site. LeeFish's Sims2 Graphic Cards Forum I hang out there also and this is probably the best place to get help on Graphics Cards I think.

Otherwise just don't use Tab and instead use F10, it is a toggle as pressing F10 hides the UI and then pressing F10 shows it again.

Something else I have found useful is to hide the game and go to the Desktop by pressing F11.
Once you have the game hidden you can do something like move screen shots and or look at them by using Quick Look, you get this option by Right Clicking or Control Clicking a graphic or a text file, other files too.
Once you are ready to return to the game you just click on the App in the Dock.

Contacting Aspyr is not very difficult, so it might be a good idea.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.