Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM Last edited by LauraPlumbob : 7th Feb 2018 at 12:00 AM. Reason: more info

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Glitch Help - F S1 skintone face not matching body
Hi! I have a problem with my Sims 2 game. I use Sims 2 Super Collection on Mac. Essentially, for S1 on females, the face skin does not match the rest of the body. The problem can be seen here (http://modthesims.info/t/466700) and it's only a problem with F S1, and not for premade Sims (unless I makeover them in the mirror).

The only problem with the above solution is that I don't think it's a problem with a dodgy download I have tried removing my entire downloads folder and the problem was still there, and I have never installed default skins (only face templates which I also tried removing). Please help! Do I have to install my entire game?

P.S. I am using Sims 2 Super Collection on Mac but the files are the same

Edit: Aspyr are aware of the issue and recorded it here
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:32 PM
Moving to help. Have you tried the bat box? Remove tans and burns.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Moving to help. Have you tried the bat box? Remove tans and burns.

Tried it just now - nothing! In the other thread it was prevalent in body shop too so don't think it's related
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:49 AM
Did you download any sims and put the cc in the Saved Sims folder?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did you download any sims and put the cc in the Saved Sims folder?

Nope! Think it's simply an incompatibility issue with the newest version of High Sierra and Ts2 Super Collection. I updated the post to include a link to Aspyr it seems they're aware of the problem. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPlumbob
Nope! Think it's simply an incompatibility issue with the newest version of High Sierra and Ts2 Super Collection. I updated the post to include a link to Aspyr it seems they're aware of the problem. Hopefully they fix it soon.

There seem to be a number of graphics glitches with both High Sierra and also with the 2017 ATI graphics cards in general. I reported an issue a couple of months back with the Radeon 580 card/Sierra where objects left trails if you dragged them over non-flat terrain in build/buy mode. Again, it's on their list of issues, but I think for many of these they need Apple to release updated graphics drivers for High Sierra/Sierra as well as doing their own fixes to the game code,

The thing to do with the glitches is definitely to report them though. Sims 2 Super Collection is usually the best selling game on the Mac App Store, so Aspyr have a vested interest in keeping it running well.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 8:45 AM
Has anyone managed to fix this issue with the use of replacement default skins? This problem has been around for so long I really would have hoped it would be fixed by Aspyr by now!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heytuesday
Has anyone managed to fix this issue with the use of replacement default skins? This problem has been around for so long I really would have hoped it would be fixed by Aspyr by now!

You could try to fix it using Default Replacement Skins, I don't know if it will work or not. I am quite sure that Aspyr has not fixed it. It has to do with the version of MacOS that one is using, the newer MacOS versions have the bug due to something that Apple did.

This is the word from Aspyr on what is Described by them as "Skin tone is displaying incorrectly"
"This issue has been has been narrowed down to Mac users on 10.13 and 10.14. We’re currently investigating a solution."

Aspyr will very likely not fix this problem unless they update The Sims 2 for the new 64 bit only MacOS 10.15 that is due to come out sometime soon. According to most sources MacOS 10.15 will be released in the Fall of 2019

I do hope that Aspyr will do a 64 bit version of The Sims 2, but there is no word yet.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
You could try to fix it using Default Replacement Skins, I don't know if it will work or not. I am quite sure that Aspyr has not fixed it. It has to do with the version of MacOS that one is using, the newer MacOS versions have the bug due to something that Apple did.

This is the word from Aspyr on what is Described by them as "Skin tone is displaying incorrectly"
"This issue has been has been narrowed down to Mac users on 10.13 and 10.14. We’re currently investigating a solution."

Aspyr will very likely not fix this problem unless they update The Sims 2 for the new 64 bit only MacOS 10.15 that is due to come out sometime soon. According to most sources MacOS 10.15 will be released in the Fall of 2019

I do hope that Aspyr will do a 64 bit version of The Sims 2, but there is no word yet.

Thank you, I have tried with two different default replacement skins and both unsuccessful. I imagine they wouldn't bother to fix it now as I know its been a problem for well over a year now.. Fingers crossed that they do bring out an updated 64 bit version, I find the issue so irksome!
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 1:18 PM
I'm currently playing the Super Collection and my S1 Sims are having this problem when they age. Both the Pleasent twins have a brown face when they moved to College age. Still the same even when cc is removed so... not sure if there have been any updates with this issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noobalooba
I'm currently playing the Super Collection and my S1 Sims are having this problem when they age. Both the Pleasent twins have a brown face when they moved to College age. Still the same even when cc is removed so... not sure if there have been any updates with this issue.

As far as I know the only immediate solution is to use an earlier version of the MacOS than the one that you are using. There is no solution that works with your current system. Otherwise you will have to wait and hope that Aspyr releases a 64bit version that gets rid of the problem in their Next Update, and that is assuming that they do release a 64bit compatiable update.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 1:05 PM
is there a fix for this yet? it's also happening on windows now.

Forgiveness is more than saying the words,"I forgive you".You must try to understand how they could do such a thing to you. When you understand what has led them to that act, you may be able truly forgive them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 1:10 PM
It isn't an issue in Windows installs, you likely have a game problem.
Game Help:Game Problemwiki