Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't move objects up and down wall
Hi!

I recently reinstalled the Ultimate Collection fron Origin, but I just can't figure out how to move paiting/pictures up and down the wall. I've read everything, I've tried pressing [ and ] but it does nothing, when I press ] it sometimes changes the camera angle. Yes, I've tried removing all my CC and it still didn't work. Any ideas?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:27 PM
What language are you using, @Mokuska ? I know that it is [ and ] for the UK keyboard layout, but some players with different keyboard layouts were finding they needed to use different keys.

Also, make sure you have the item grabbed when you use the keys- it won't work once you've let the painting go and it's on the wall.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What language are you using, @Mokuska ? I know that it is [ and ] for the UK keyboard layout, but some players with different keyboard layouts were finding they needed to use different keys.

Also, make sure you have the item grabbed when you use the keys- it won't work once you've let the painting go and it's on the wall.

I'm using a QWERTZ keyboard but I've read about the differences in keyboards and I've tried with every single key, and I have the item grabbed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:12 PM
It only seem to work while in buy/build mode for me. If I try this in live mode, I get the moving camera angle thing.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:54 PM
are you sure the item you're trying it on is shiftable? there are some things that never shifted in my game, but others do.
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:44 PM
might check if game documentation tells the keyboard shortcuts.
if they do, might try those.

if no keyboard combination works, some chance that those correspond to shortcuts for either computer or for another program/game.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:01 PM
I've got a variant of an European keyboard. The "item up" button is the second key from 0, directly to the left of backspace. The "down" key is the one below, half a key to the left. I'm pretty sure they're in the same spots as the [ ] keys on an English/American keyboard, they just have a different function. My keyboard occasionally switches over to English when using some programs (annoying bug), and then those buttons suddenly work like the [ ] keys.

My actual [ ] keys are placed on the 8 and 9 buttons, and I have to use ctrl+Alt to use them, so they're pretty useless.

(I'm talking about the numbers in a line in the 2nd row on the keyboard, not the numpad. Just in case it's unclear).

Most wall items are shiftable, though maybe not some of the older (I think I have the mod that fixes the objects to be shiftable, so I'm not sure). Objects cloned from shiftable objects, and most items cloned if AL is installed may also be shiftable. Making CC items shiftable isn't too hard, as long as they're either wall objects or one-tile objects. I'm a bit unsure on multi-tile objects and various useable objects, though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:56 PM
@Mokuska

Try the keys corresponding to those outlined in red in my attached image.

Also try a different picture in case you have one that isn't shiftable, as @cows mentioned.
Screenshots