Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default safe to move community lots?
I know that packaging and reusing residential lots that have been occupied causes corruption, but what about community lots? Can they be packaged and transferred to another neighborhood? Sims have visited the lots but not lived there.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:21 PM
CJ's Lot Inspector could help with this. http://www.cyjon.net/node/430
main purpose of hack is to tell whether or not an unoccupied lot is safe to delete. though if lot is safe to delete, it likely would be safe to bin/package.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:26 PM
You can reuse res lots just clean them first of sim references with the Lot Compressor, Chris Hatch made an add on to it. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188
You can do the same for lots that had been owned community lots. If your lot was never owned I would still clean it, not because of visiting sims-comm lots reset every time you leave them-but because of NPCs who might have generated on it. Eg barista, chef, check out clerk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:36 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:56 AM.
@joandsarah77 - Speaking of npcs; these lots are ones I created for a medieval hood, two are forest and one is meadow and were designed for sims to forage for food, etc. They have many custom plants and the forest ones have hunting mods which spawn animals. The meadow one has several of Beck's animated cows and sheep which show up in hoodchecker as sims with no character files. Would any of these things corrupt the lots?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:40 AM
Beks Animals contain NPC's (sims that control them) Once in your game they will be in each hood that you load-whether you place them on a lot or not. Make sure to never delete them as you would be deleting sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:02 AM
@joandsarah77 - Don't delete them from the lot or don't delete them from the downloads folder? They can't be moved out like sims can.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:41 AM
I would delete them off the lot before cleaning the lot and placing it in the bin. I think they have a sell function, if so use that. Do not delete the NPC (sometimes called controller in the download) from your Download folder.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:47 PM
@joandsarah77 - Thanks so much. That is going to be a lot easier than trying to recreate those lots in another hood. Thanks again. And also for your tutorial on how to do it.