Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default OMSP help - how to keep kitchen counters from disconnecting
I have a recurring issue with using OMSPs for kitchen clutter in corner counters. I set everything up the way I like it, and life is fine and dandy for my Sims... until I leave the lot and return to play again later. When I load up the lot again, the corner counter is disconnected from the adjoining piece.

I can't simply reconnect them of course, as moving the counter will make the game realize that something is in the way of putting it back. Even removing the clutter from just the corner piece so I can re-plop that one counter down doesn't help. I have to remove even more OMSPs from the adjoining counters in order to be able to move those counters as well, to make the game re-connect them.

I have two counter OMSPs by different creators, but one is "usable" so I usually don't use that one unless I actually want the item to be usable. So my usual counter OMSP is the One More Slot Package "Counter" which is labelled as being "by JohnBrehaut1 or Night Stalker".

I'm wondering if there's any known reason for why this happens... or maybe a different OMSP I should use.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:36 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Jul 2018 at 7:28 PM.
Try putting the dishwasher somewhere else. Large appliances occasionally cause issues with corner counters.
If you only want to put unusable deco there, I suggest using an OMSP that isn't useable as a counter.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 5:16 PM
If you turn 'move_objects on' you can simply place them back. T his happens to me sometimes but I just place them back so they snap unto a connection.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
If you turn 'move_objects on' you can simply place them back. T his happens to me sometimes but I just place them back so they snap unto a connection.

In my game, move_objects doesn't make the counters snap together Unless I put two counters in the same tile facing different ways, to make the appearance of a connection. But then I have that kind of clipping/overlapping on the countertops. So I still have to remove all the clutter and place all the counters anew for a real connection.

Still have to try simmer22's suggestion, but I haven't loaded up my real game with all CC lately.