Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 7:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Does Not Load Every Time I Load My Computer
I've been noticing a pattern lately that I'm not sure how to fix. I'll be playing the game for a few hours, then I turn off my computer off to go to sleep, go out, etc etc. Then the next time I turn on my computer, log in to Origin and attempt to open the game, it does not load. When I take the folder out of my documents and try to open the game it works and creates a new folder, which I then can put things I had (CC, SC4 terrains, neighborhoods, etc) from my previous folder into the new one. Everything seems to works fine afterwards, however it's becoming quite a chore to have to do this every time I try to play my game. Is there any way I can fix this?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 7:58 PM
You likely need to clear your caches before you load the game. See here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ete_Cache_Files

Some people have to do that every time they load their game; I have to do it about every other time, myself. It's what happens when you have a lot of CC.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
You likely need to clear your caches before you load the game. See here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ete_Cache_Files

Some people have to do that every time they load their game; I have to do it about every other time, myself. It's what happens when you have a lot of CC.

Ah, I didn't even think about that being a possibility. I'll be sure to try this out, thanks for the help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:03 PM
You could write a little batch file to delete the caches and then start the game.