Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 7:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do you edit pet family trees?
Okay so this takes a bit of explaining, for the past few weeks I've been working on remaking my hood by making a clean hood and cloning my sims into them, then editing their personality info in sims pe (editing only their interests, character, skills, and dna) I've finished most of the sims and today began to put cloned pets into my game. I cloned the pets by registering them as a breed. I tested out putting their into in today by making a family of dogs. There are five, the parents and their three adult children. I put them in my game, edited their character, interests, and dna in sims pe. Then, I edited their family ties in sims pe, which I did a few times bc I missed sibling ties and such at times. I could have missed a tie and that's why I'm having the problem I'm about to mention, but I'm not sure at this point. So with that necessary background info out of the way, the problem I've come here about is that how do I get my edits of the dogs' family ties to show up on the in game family tree? I haven't figured out how or if there's a way how and I haven't been able to find a lot of information on this. I found this to help me figure out how to do ties on sims pe http://modthesims.info/t/229908 but in my game each pet appears alone on the family tree, with no ties. However, in the relationships tab in game, all the dogs now have the family paw print symbols on their icons, showing that they are recognized as related. It's just not showing up on the tree. I really want to get these trees together so I can continue my pet families in the new clean and uncorrupted hood along with the sim families, thus any help would be super appreciated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 3:05 AM
Okay it took me a few days to figure this out, and the answer was a slap in the face. So, I'll tell how here to close up this fourm and to be here in case anyone else was wondering the same thing :>. All I had to do was make pets controllable then I was able to use insim. Much to my suprise, blender didn't work. But editing the trees with Insim did
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cluelessponyta
Okay it took me a few days to figure this out, and the answer was a slap in the face. So, I'll tell how here to close up this fourm and to be here in case anyone else was wondering the same thing :>. All I had to do was make pets controllable then I was able to use insim. Much to my suprise, blender didn't work. But editing the trees with Insim did

However, I was unable to figure out how to set dogs as siblings and spouses with this method
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 4:10 AM
You can't. Dogs and cats don't have spouses. XD I don't think they recognise siblings either, just a more general is related to me.