Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 6:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default No More Biiiiiggg car pauses
What annoys me the most in the sims is the huge car pauses, for anyone who owns nightlife do you know what I'm talking about? It makes the cars so unreal. I made a little clip of a car in my sims game without the huge pause, but to do it I had to put it in the highest video mode. Could it be like this all the time?
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 7:49 AM
No idea what you mean by "big car pauses". Perhaps it's simply system lag caused by having a crappy computer?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 9:51 PM
It's like when your sim starts a car and then as they're starting it up there's a game pause and then they start to leave and then there's another pause and then they're gone.. it's so annoying, I'll have to see what type my computer is.. my computer has a high class video card and I never thought of it as crappy..
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 2:33 AM
Yeah, check you're video card. "High Class" as in what? I have a pathetic GForce 4 MX and I don't ever have such "jumps." Try updating your video card drives.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 2:39 AM
well, I do have a really good video card.. I don't see what the problem could be though
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 3:26 AM
okay my video card is one of the best, could it have something to do with how many downloads I have?
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by berryful
okay my video card is one of the best, could it have something to do with how many downloads I have?

Have you tried Disc defragmentation or reinstal the game ?
Maybe there was some bug when you installed the game or Ep
P.S Before reinstal don't forget backup your game files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 8:23 PM
What would Disc defragmentation be? Seriously you guys have no idea? Game pauses when the car starts doesn't happen in your guys' game at all?
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 10:57 PM
I have no problem with my sim driving a car leaving and coming home. There was no pause in my game with my sim driving. I have no idea about why does your game is paused for a while when your sim is in a car.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 11:32 PM
that is really weird.. I can't reinstall nightlife because I don't have the disk.. what do I do?
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by berryful
that is really weird.. I can't reinstall nightlife because I don't have the disk.. what do I do?

Did you lose your disk?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 11:55 PM
Yeah I lost it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 4:54 AM
wow how cool is this I tried to uninstall my game, now it won't reinstall so I did a 3 hour system restore, now the game won't play at all! this is just wonderful
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 4:24 PM
I think I know what you mean by "big car pauses"
If you were talking about how when Sims get in the cars and start them, they just sit in the car for a few seconds, and then back out of the drive way and sit in the street for awhile befor they go? because that's what happens in my game... When my sim gets in it's car he/she just sits there for like 15 20 seconds and then backs out into the street and sits there for 25 to 30 seconds.....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:03 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about! Does anyone know how to fix it?

..maybe I just need a different type of video card..
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 7:04 AM
I have a Radeon 9250...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 7:21 AM
Happens in my game too, I just thought it was normal.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 8:20 AM
It actually didn't really bother me very much when I first got the game, I kinda thought it was realistic because it takes people a little longer to start up the car and go, but then I saw a high quality movie and it's much more realistic to not have that.. pause!