Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:10 AM
Default Foundations
My question is, once you put an interior foundation in and put then put a wall on top of it, how do you put a door inside that wall that is on top of the foundations? I have another question, if you are using a foundations, and you want the wall to go down, like for example if you want to put staires when you enter the house, and you don't want the foundation all around the house, you only have a small part with the foundation in, what could you do?
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:22 AM
You cannot put a door which is successfully usable on the interior split-level foundation because then the height of the door would over constrain the building.
You can "moveObjects on" but the door cannot be used and is not successfully placed.
It doesn't cut through the wall and all you can see is the frame.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 2:16 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean for your second question. Would you elaborate please.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 2:44 PM
I think they mean they want a house with a modular stairs entrance, but they don't want the whole house on a foundation. For that... I don't think there's a good solution - your only real option for that is to build something with the techniques used for making a house on a foundation with an attached garage: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...torials:Garages ... you have to choose a wall texture that's solid or with a very light stucco-type pattern, and it'd be rather weird just having your steps into the house on a foundation, then steps back down so the rest of the house is not on a foundation. I think you'd be better off just putting it on a foundation all around.

Moving to Create-Building.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies