Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 1:34 PM Last edited by !!Kitty!! : 26th Mar 2008 at 1:42 PM. Reason: Not specific enough.
Default Freezing during game play, Error message before start up, missing "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2..." folder.
Hi.

System Specs:

Operating System: Windows XP
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
RAM: 512MB RAM
Grapics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600

Problem:

The first problem that occured was that my game was starting up really slowly, so I closed the game and defragmented my computer completely. I also downloaded the new driver for my graphic card.

After that the game was still working slowly and the message "A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (5024)." appeared, so I uninstalled all of my expansion packs and the original Sims 2 and reinstalled them. They all started up and worked really quickly.

Then, I went to put my downloads folder back into "My documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 - but that folder wasn't there! So I had no idea where everything was saving, but I had aprevious copy of that folder saved to my desktop from before I uninstalled and reinstalled, so I copied that into My Documents\EA Games... and put my downloads and custom content in there.

After that I played the game for about twenty minutes and then it froze. I tried replacing my mouse, disconnected all of my USB devices to see if they were causing a problem but none of that worked.

So, I countinued to play until it froze, turn myocmputer off, then start it up again and play again. Then, the next morning when I clicked on the icon to start it up again, it said again "A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (5024)." and wouldn't let me start the game.

To sum up

- My "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2..." folder was not created.
- My game kept freezing.
- An Error message came up.

I hope that was detailed enough and I'm really sorry if the answer has been sitting in front of my face, but I went through the FAQs - but sometimes they werehard to follow because I couldn't find my SavedSims or something that it was asking for. Something is usually always wrong with my Sims 2, they should really start making them harder to break. ):

Thank you so much!

Megan.

EDIT: While I was able to play the game before it crashed it kept making me delete sims - coming up with an error message that would not go away until I clicked "Delete". Also, when creating a sim's face the full face options were not available, neither were full nose, eyes etc. I had to jut play around with the other tools.
Also, the wants panel controller was constantly coming up with error messages, so I had to click "Delete" on that too - which evidently led to my sim not always having wants, sometimes she had one or two then it came up with the error message again.
Finally, my sim wouldn't get in a taxi - it just wouldn't let her and she was not able to "Peck". I think that's all for now.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 1:55 PM
Are you using authentic sims2 discs or LEGAL downloads?
Have you tried playing the game with an empty downloads folder? (if its there)
Also what other software is running on your computer.
Have you tried the game with out bon voyage installed?
Are all ep's had the relevant patches downloaded and installed?

Have you more info about your CPUs is that TWO or is it dual core?

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:19 PM
- I am using authentic discs.
- I have tried playing the game with no downloads folder, however, the error message about the security modules still appears.
- I don't know what other software is running on my computer. What kind of software? (Sorry if this is obvious, I'm not that great at computers)
- No I have not tried the game without Bon Voyage installed, I could try, but I have tried installing two different Bon Voyage CDs (one of them I bought, the other my sister bought) and they both came up with the error message. Also, hypothetically, if my Sims 2 did work without Bon Voyage installed, then how would I be able to add my downloads folder to my Sims 2 when there is no where to put it? Would I simply have to play without downloads?
- Since I reinstalled the Sims 2 and all its EP's (all except Free Time), I've only downloaded the Bon Voyage patch.

About the CPUs, on my DirectX Diagnositcs it simply says what I put before with the (2 CPUs) at the end. I have no idea if that means dua core or that I have two, it sounds more like the second, but to be honest I don't even know what a CPU is so I couldn't really tell you, sorry.