Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#276 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kt4prez
Just to throw my two cents in: Everyone who is quoting the Bible like they know all about everything Biblical, listen up. The Old Testament is mostly ancient Hebrew law, not Christian law. It was not God's law that a raped woman became a man's property, it was man's law. These parts of the Bible were left in as a reminder to Christians of what Jesus accomplished for everyone. Why don't all you Bible-bashers do some actual studying.
People quote the Old Testament in response to people using the Leviticus (part of the Old Testament!) to justify the Church frowning upon homosexuality.
Advertisement
Scholar
#277 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:19 PM
can we get down to the fact how fucked this planet would be if everyone was straight.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Forum Resident
#278 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
can we get down to the fact how fucked this planet would be if everyone was straight.
Well, it wouldn't really be fucked if everybody was straight. Nor would it be fucked if everybody was gay!
What would prevent a society of gay people from reproducing, even if they're not attracted to the opposite sex? In say, one instance of attractionless intercourse for nothing else but reproduction? But I digress.
Scholar
#279 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:41 PM
I'm just saying it's mostly gay couples that decide not to have kids and adopt instead. Or just remain as a couple with no kids at all. Not to mention less "OUPS Honey I'm pregnant."

Scholar
#280 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:45 PM Last edited by kattenijin : 6th Aug 2009 at 12:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
As for the bible-thing.. It's not directly written by GOD, it is more a library rather than a book, since it contains material written by thousands of people within thousand years!

Well, yes and no. The Old Testament was written 1450 BC to 450BC, so yes over a timeframe of a thousand years. Then it took 500 years (with no changes) before the New Testament was written between 50AD and 90AD. So only 40 years for the new testament to be written, and it is witten in the main by 8 men.

Edit: None of those 8 happen to be Jesus himself, there are no known texts written by Jesus. One of the writers, Paul, admits to having never known Jesus; his knowledge was derived not from men, but from the Jewish scriptures and a heavenly vision.

There have been no new texts for almost 1920 years.

Quote:
And, since it's written by lots of people, it has a whole variety of thoughts and stories regarding homosexuality too!

Actually, there are only 7 references to homosexuality. Well, 7 references that are used to condem homosexuality.

Quote:
Everyone who is quoting the Bible like they know all about everything Biblical, listen up.... Why don't all you Bible-bashers do some actual studying.

If you actually took the time to READ my posts where I quote the bible, you will realize that I HAVE actually studied the bible.

You might want to re-examine your own "rules" a bit better too. For example, many Christians claim that they no longer need to follow Kosher doctrine because the New Testament overrides the Old Testament, Christ's death on the cross created a new covenant with God. Then, they turn around and quote Levitical text as to why homosexuality is bad. That Levitical text is Old Testament, and the EXACT SAME PART that contains the rules of keeping Kosher. So, either the entire text is invalid, or the entire text is valid. You can't have it both ways, and pick and choose what you want to be "real".

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Scholar
#281 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Well, yes and no. The Old Testament was written 1450 BC to 450BC, so yes over a timeframe of a thousand years. Then it took 500 years (with no changes) before the New Testament was written between 50AD and 90AD. So only 40 years for the new testament to be written, and it is witten in the main by 8 men. There have been no new texts for almost 1920 years.

Actually, there are only 7 references to homosexuality. Well, 7 references that are used to condem homosexuality.

If you actually took the time to READ my posts where I quote the bible, you will realize that I HAVE actually studied the bible.

You might want to re-examine your own "rules" a bit better too. For example, many Christians claim that they no longer need to follow Kosher doctrine because the New Testament overrides the Old Testament, Christ's death on the cross created a new covenant with God. Then, they turn around and quote Levitical text as to why homosexuality is bad. That Levitical text is Old Testament, and the EXACT SAME PART that contains the rules of keeping Kosher. So, either the entire text is invalid, or the entire text is valid. You can't have it both ways, and pick and choose what you want to be "real".

... ... Amen :D

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#282 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:17 AM
Yes, there are those 7 notorius bits.. (and the Bible isn't very likely written literally by 8 men, since it is suspeceted that some writers used the others aliases.. But that's just assuming, I guess!) In addition to those, there are some descriptions of, well, intercourses between men. It's like kattenijin said well above, you can't really pick and choose what's real.

Whatever it is, things are good for gay people here in Skandinavia. I just wonder why things aren't so great in the U.S.? Why they have hardly any similar legal status as straight-pairs...?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#283 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Yes, there are those 7 notorius bits.. (and the Bible isn't very likely written literally by 8 men, since it is suspeceted that some writers used the others aliases.. But that's just assuming, I guess!) In addition to those, there are some descriptions of, well, intercourses between men. And I'm not going to continue the Bible thing, you lot know what you know.

Whatever it is, things are good for gay people here in Skandinavia. I just wonder why things aren't so great in the U.S.? Why they have hardly any similar legal status as straight-pairs...?

America was founded by Puritans.
The people who were kicked out of England for being too uptight and stuffy.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#284 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Splurgy

OH YEAH, forgot that one. :D
Scholar
#285 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:53 AM
ROFLH they got kicked out because they had sticks up their butts. :-P

Instructor
#286 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Splurgy
Technically, that's only the North. The South was founded by poor, uneducated, white, young men that England didn't want. I'm not sure which one's worse, quite frankly. :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#287 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:05 AM
You see, we do it the right way. Everyone we didn't like we just shipped abroad!
Mad Poster
#288 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:06 AM
i'd like to add something here. it's just what i think.

i think that saying homosexuality is a CHOICE, is bullshit. we don't have control when it comes to which gender we're attracted to. we are who we are. and there's no way that any gay man or lesbian can decide that 'ok, i'm not going to be gay anymore.'
being gay, bisexual, or straight are all very personal 'decisions'. but you can't change who you are. you should be yourself and not change for anybody. and even if you decided to 'stop being gay', it wouldn't work. because it isn't a choice. it's who you are and what makes you an individual. saying it's a choice is almost as bad as saying it's wrong, or against nature.
Scholar
#289 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:07 AM
So you say we ship the ones we do not like to the arctic? Since obviously it's the only open open continent. Certain the fanatics would love it on that giant ice block.

Lab Assistant
#290 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:09 AM
Woot woot to Christmas Fear! No one seems to get that. It isn't wrong to be a homosexual or against nature. And you cannot change your mind on Tuesday to be gay and then on Thursday decide that isn't the "lifestyle" for you. It isn't a choice nor a lifestyle.

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

::::Participating Currently In Picture Perfect: Cycle 2::::
Mad Poster
#291 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:26 AM
i completely agree, moldova. people that think that it is either a choice or a lifestyle don't understand. i come from a family where my father is really 'old fashioned', (he was raised to believe woman are for staying home to cook, while the men work) and he is a bit repulsed at the /decision/ to be gay. i don't understand why he is though. he thinks it's 'wrong' and 'gross'. he wasn't even raised to be religious. so it isn't his 'beliefs', it's just ignorance.
it certainly doesn't undermine who homosexuals are as people.
you could get to know a really great guy or girl. and if they told you they were gay, it wouldn't make them any less of a person than you. and it doesn't make them 'different' in a weird way.
it just makes them a more interesting and unique individual. it doesn't make being gay different from anything else. it's JUST who the person is. it's gender preference!
even our sims don't discriminate.
well, at least, mine don't.
Scholar
#292 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 6:46 PM
I thought you'd enjoy this, but I have no comment on it.

http://news.aol.com/article/america...on-nixes/605084

Field Researcher
#293 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i'd like to add something here. it's just what i think.

i think that saying homosexuality is a CHOICE, is bullshit. we don't have control when it comes to which gender we're attracted to. we are who we are. and there's no way that any gay man or lesbian can decide that 'ok, i'm not going to be gay anymore.'
being gay, bisexual, or straight are all very personal 'decisions'. but you can't change who you are. you should be yourself and not change for anybody. and even if you decided to 'stop being gay', it wouldn't work. because it isn't a choice. it's who you are and what makes you an individual. saying it's a choice is almost as bad as saying it's wrong, or against nature.

thank.
you!

on another note, why is there so much concentration on gender? is it suddenly against the law to love?
I once heard somewhere "it's not who you love, it's how you love."
that's the way i see it. people need to stop paying attention to the sex of an individual, and see them for who they really are.

Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i completely agree, moldova. people that think that it is either a choice or a lifestyle don't understand. i come from a family where my father is really 'old fashioned', (he was raised to believe woman are for staying home to cook, while the men work) and he is a bit repulsed at the /decision/ to be gay. i don't understand why he is though. he thinks it's 'wrong' and 'gross'. he wasn't even raised to be religious. so it isn't his 'beliefs', it's just ignorance.
it certainly doesn't undermine who homosexuals are as people.
you could get to know a really great guy or girl. and if they told you they were gay, it wouldn't make them any less of a person than you. and it doesn't make them 'different' in a weird way.
it just makes them a more interesting and unique individual. it doesn't make being gay different from anything else. it's JUST who the person is. it's gender preference!
even our sims don't discriminate.
well, at least, mine don't.

i couldn't've said it any better, my friend. :]

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Scholar
#294 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 1:23 AM
My friend Chris would like to add this "Being gay is a lifestyle, a fabulous life style. They're just jealous because our lifestyle is better, and more fashionable." I should note his face book icon is to male lions doing it. >> << >> <<

Lab Assistant
#295 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 1:37 AM
I would like to point out that there is a difference between religious marriage and state marriage. Obviously, a homosexual religious marriage wouldn't work out to well. But state-wise, it should be legal in my opinion.

A religious marriage is between a man and a woman.
A state marriage is between 2 people. Note how it doesn't mention which sex.
Therefore, it should be legal.
Scholar
#296 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DancingSimmer
I would like to point out that there is a difference between religious marriage and state marriage. Obviously, a homosexual religious marriage wouldn't work out to well. But state-wise, it should be legal in my opinion.

A religious marriage is between a man and a woman.
A state marriage is between 2 people. Note how it doesn't mention which sex.
Therefore, it should be legal.

Not in the United States. In the United States the only type of marriage that is legaly recognised is what you are calling state marriage.

Do not confuse the ceremony with the actuall marriage. Having a wedding ceremony without having the state issued marriage license is not, and has never been, legal; regardless of whether the ceremony is religious or not.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Field Researcher
#297 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 9:41 AM Last edited by Neil__ : 7th Aug 2009 at 10:00 AM.
America, for a western society can be so backward when it comes to the acceptance of loving marriages.
Marriage between consenting adults will always be legal as far as I'm concerned.
The government doesn't need to be involved, It should just be a voluntary, mutual comitment, even verbally is enough.
you declare yourself as married and that should be the end of it.
I dont even accept that some sort of document might be required for legal purposes, thats just discrimination against unmarried people.

The commitment of loving people has nothing to do with the any government.

I deliberately don’t use the word couple. If people chose to live in polygamous marriages/relationships then that’s their right as far as I'm concerned.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world" Richard Dawkins.
Nail 'em up I say. Nail some sense into 'em
I can't prove you aren’t, at this minute, wearing a pink tutu, By all theistic logic, I must infer that you probably are.
Scholar
#298 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neil__
America, for a western society can be so backward when it comes to the acceptance of loving marriages.
Marriage between consenting adults will always be legal as far as I'm concerned.
The government doesn't need to be involved, It should just be a voluntary, mutual comitment, even verbally is enough.
you declare yourself as married and that should be the end of it.
I dont even accept that some sort of document might be required for legal purposes, thats just discrimination against unmarried people.

The commitment of loving people has nothing to do with the any government.

I deliberately don’t use the word couple. If people chose to live in polygamous marriages/relationships then that’s their right as far as I'm concerned.

When its just the word of mouth to determine a marriage, it would be impossible to have any extra rights for married people because theres no way to check if its the truth. Marriage here arranges a lot of handy things like what happens to your belongings after death, how rights about the kids are arranged etc. Some people just get married for that, because its more fuss to arrange each on its own with an advocate.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"

Page 12 of 12