Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 12:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Lights in Buy Mode
I had to reinstall the game and all the downloads when I went from 8.1 to Win 10. When I reinstalled the game would crash on my neighborhood and I think I found out why. i opened a new neighborhood and moved in but can't buy lights. THey are not present other than custom made lights from mod packages.

I don't know where to find the lights in the discs and they are not in any of the folders when I go into the buy mode - just the few custom lights.

I'd rather nor reinstall all 30 discs for the expansion packs, and I'm not sure if I can get them from the discs through a file explorer.

If I reinstall the main program in the hope that the packaqe will load do I have to reinstall all the other discs or is there another way to get lights back on!

JJD
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 11:03 AM
All the EAxis content is in the objects.package - you can replace the one on your drive with the one from your latest EP. If you need to patch that EP, you'd need to patch it again. With Win7, the file is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Objects

It's a good idea to make it read only once you have repaired it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc