Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 8:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to modify apartment?
On an apartment lot I have four houses built around a courtyard, in which there is a swimming pool and a basketball court. The lot is working well, and there is much fun to be had from watching the antics of unselected residents, their fights and love affairs. Now I find that no-one can use the pool diving board, apparently (from their thought bubbles) because the invisible basketball court is right up against the end of the diving board. I would like to shift the basketball court one pace to the right, but the game won't let me. On this site I found a cheat: apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions on/off. I tried that, and got an error message: unknown command. I tried putting in boolprop and then the cheat, but still got the error message. Can anyone tell me how to move that basketball court?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:21 PM
apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions is for TS3 I think! :D

you need

boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
or
boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false

You will need to turn on moveObjects if you've loaded a household.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions is for TS3 I think! :D

you need

boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false
or
boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false

You will need to turn on moveObjects if you've loaded a household.

Thank you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:51 PM
You'll also need to do it for each household, and every time you move someone new in. The only way to make permanent changes to an apartment's common area is to move everyone out, change the zoning, make the changes, save, change the zoning back, and move everyone back in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You'll also need to do it for each household, and every time you move someone new in. The only way to make permanent changes to an apartment's common area is to move everyone out, change the zoning, make the changes, save, change the zoning back, and move everyone back in.

You're right, and that was a surreal experience. I moved the basketball court while visiting House 1, but when I visited House 2, it was back again, still blocking the diving board. I'll soldier on, house after house, because I don't want to disturb my families. There are eight adults and two babies, and all the female adults are pregnant. I think perhaps a total of sixteen sims will be enough for this set of apartments. I'm having a lot of fun.