Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it possible to install&run The Body Shop without The sims 2 ?
I have The sims 2 Ultimate Collection installed on another laptop ( Windows) while i want to use this one ( Mac ) solely for creating contents and not wasting memory/ram to install the game, is it possible to install The Body Shop without The Sims 2 installed ?
Ps. I tried but was given this notice ' please purchase and install the sims 2 super collection ' . Is there any ways around it?
Thank you : (
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:11 AM
No, it uses several files from The Sims 2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:22 PM
ohh i understand now : ( thank you Chris
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:52 PM
The Mac version of Bodyshop (from Sims 2 Extras) is separate so far as the application package files are concerned, but reads and writes from/to the directory structure of Sims 2 Super Collection. So, as Chris says, it won't work without it.

It's also very crashy, much worse than I remember it being on Windows.

Aspyr often put Sims 2 Super Collection on sale at holiday periods, so if your Mac is up to running it you could always buy it when one of those sales comes along. You'd then be able to create there, and as your other machine has a higher EP, any bodyshop recolours you made on the Mac would work on both.

Be aware that you wouldn't be able to pass saved games back and forth though. The Mac version only goes as far as Bon Voyage, so the file save formats are incompatible.