Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Changing lot zoning for vacation lot
Hi there,

I've just built a set of two adjoining but self-contained apartments for rent in the vacation destination of Twikkii Island and as I've never built a vacation home before, I'm not sure what to change the lot zoning to. Would it be apartment or hotel? I'd choose the former were it in a regular neighbourhood but with it being a vacation rental I'm not sure. I've used the Solidity door too for each apartment entry, is that correct? Or do I need to use a separator door?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 10:02 PM
I don't think you can have apartments in BV vacation destinations, or at least I've never heard of anyone doing that. I'm pretty sure vacation residences can only be purchased vacation homes (residential) or hotels (build as a community lot and then rezone). Hotels use the Solidity Door for the rooms and also require a front desk (either of the two ConcergioSum desks) which will spawn the desk clerk and the housekeeper. The Unique Separator door is for use with apartments and, as I said, I don't think you can have those in a vacation destination neighborhood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I don't think you can have apartments in BV vacation destinations, or at least I've never heard of anyone doing that. I'm pretty sure vacation residences can only be purchased vacation homes (residential) or hotels (build as a community lot and then rezone). Hotels use the Solidity Door for the rooms and also require a front desk (either of the two ConcergioSum desks) which will spawn the desk clerk and the housekeeper. The Unique Separator door is for use with apartments and, as I said, I don't think you can have those in a vacation destination neighborhood.

Ahh, ok. Thank you for your reply I will have to package up the lot and hopefully will be able to use it in a regular neighbourhood!