Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:09 PM
Default WIP: Scarlett Johansson
Hey everyone!

With my Britney sim on the way, I started a new project a few days ago: Scarlett Johansson. I think she has gorgeous features and has something naturally beautiful about her,
I think I got to a good start, I feel like I kinda did capture her face, and especially her face shape, nose and mouth. The eyes look fine to me, but I'm not sure where I stand right now. Feedback would be appreciated! :lovestruc

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:56 PM
i totally share your feelings for that nose the nose is awesome. that the tip looks different in the 2nd pic sideview comparison is due to how real scarlett poses with her mouth i guess. one can see the tip is perfect from the front view.
the only thing i thought was that the under eyelid could be bit more up. it looks more natural and more like her eyelids then. fantastic new project by the way and very well done face shape. absolutely

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM
feedback
Quote: Originally posted by Cleos
Hey everyone!

With my Britney sim on the way, I started a new project a few days ago: Scarlett Johansson. I think she has gorgeous features and has something naturally beautiful about her,
I think I got to a good start, I feel like I kinda did capture her face, and especially her face shape, nose and mouth. The eyes look fine to me, but I'm not sure where I stand right now. Feedback would be appreciated! :lovestruc

First off, may I say how happy I am that you started this, she is my all time favorite actress and a great actress over all.

Now I have to agree Scarlett really does have a more/looks more naturally beautiful then most, and she really does have gorgeous features, your sim seems to capture that quite well.

However, I do have a few suggestions:

looking at her straight on, both her lips are a bit too plumb up and down, maybe if you reduced the shape that would help.

And from the side her nose tip/or maybe her nose in general needs to be rotated down, right now her nose is kinda pointed upwards and it needs to be level, as can be seen in your third pic of the her (the actress) -sorry if that made no sense.

Also a tiny thing, her eyes need to be more green there more of a yellow color right now.

But really, she truly does look amazing

--Katie
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:33 PM
@shmovese and @Katie Turner thanks a lot! Extremely helpful!
I forgot to change the eye color, but I'll work on that when I'll dress her up for uploading
I think I got a lot closer already. The nose looks pretty good now and I think the eyes are finished. Might need to tweak on the little details a little bit more, but I'm happy with what I've got so far!

Instructor
#5 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:47 PM
wow that's super close could you make an overlay of it??? and a split comparison so i can see the final detail of her face...

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 10:03 PM
Looks absolutely great. Maybe slim the lower lip just a touch - and I worry that maybe the eyes are just a touch too big? Seriously, not much, you've really done a great job there
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 6:18 AM
Great start! Perhaps make the eyes a bit closer together. As mentioned before, the lips are a little tall up and down. If you can, maybe raise the cheekbones a bit / make them more pronounced. Increase the nasolabial crease and make the chin a little more rounded - less square. Also, nasal bridge is a bit wide.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 3:12 PM
I guess make the tip more lower, just a little.

"Do you think that God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he has created?" - a quote from spy kids 2
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:55 PM
Try taking the lower lid up a little bit! Amazing work :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 11:51 PM
Simply incredible - I agree with the above comments, but honestly see an immediate resemblance. I have tried to recreate Scarlett myself, and her features are certainly unique, and you've done an AMAZING job. <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 1:20 PM
Thank you all so much! Extremely helpful. I made the jaw and chin softer, adjusted the eye distance, Made the nose bridge smaller, made the underlip smaller and the cheekbones more defined, made the eyes smaller and I think I'm getting extremely close. And @ameenah.n.y thank you so much - I'm a massive fan of your sims and skintones, it's so lovely hearing this from you! :lovestruc

Instructor
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 1:45 PM
great nice job! hope that we will see it in the download section

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:36 PM Last edited by heaven : 23rd Aug 2014 at 7:05 PM.
I'd bring her lower lid up some so there is less sclera showing between the iris and the lid. Nose and face shape look really great. I'm not sold on the eyebrows. They look too faint and wispy to me. Even when she has blonde hair, her eyebrows are typically a few shades darker. If you darken them some, I think they'll look much better. Speaking of hair, if you're going with the upload as her as a blonde, I would go for a more golden tone rather than the pale blonde you've got in the last picture. Last, I would decrease that bottom bump out (whatever it's called) in her upper lip. Her lips, irl, are nice and plump but I think that part in particular really detracts from her lips overall. Maybe lessen it some and also try the Upper Lip Up slider by Sage (I think). I also preferred the cheeks/face shape a little more in post #4. Maybe something between the 2 would be best.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:29 PM
Thank you both so much! Heaven - That was extremely useful, I think I made some great improvements.

Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cleos
Thank you both so much! Heaven - That was extremely useful, I think I made some great improvements.

much much better I defiantly see more of a resemblance now, before and you can see in your comparisons between your old version and new, in your old version she looked a bit old, but now, now she's much better.

That said, I can't find much to offer, than, that personally I wouldn't make the upper lip thicker.

Anyhow that's about all I can offer so......
Forum Resident
#16 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:23 PM
the upper lip is perfect! wow awesome updates. i have not much to say she is so much look-alike it freakes the cheese out of me. so only one suggestion from me:
i would make her eyes a bit darker and gave them a wee glance of earthy-brownish-green-tone like the original has in the 2nd comparison pic. but thats it.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:04 AM Last edited by heaven : 27th Aug 2014 at 4:41 AM.
I think you made the upper lip a bit thicker but maybe it also looks like that because you adjusted the cupid's bow part so it LOOKS thicker. Either way, it all looks much, much better! I definitely think the lips look pretty spot on now. Eyes are great. I still am not 100% happy with the eyebrows. Do you have the eyebrow thickness slider? Maybe just thickening them some would help. Darkening did do something though, so there's that. Which brows are you using? I also think her septum could be slimmed a bit. Can we also get another profile of her? Your earlier profiles looked like her nose didn't come out enough and might be rotated too much but I don't want to make any suggestopns on that until I see an updated picture!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."