Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 7:43 PM
Default How to place lots on "un-routable terrains" ??
Okay I am having a lot of trouble trying to place my lots on a beach. And I was just wondering if there is a cheat or something else I can do? Help me please!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:59 AM
Welcome to MTS!

Is this an EA world or a custom world by someone or your own world? I mean are you asking
- how to use the in-game World Editor to place a plot with a specific lot size? or
- how to do this in Create-a-World (CAW)?

If the land area is designated as "unrouteable" with the routing-paint, you cannot fix this in-game. You need to use Create-a-World to add more empty lots, by bringing it back into CAW to re-edit it. Guide to do that in Editing Premade Worlds.

There is a workaround via modding, if you don't want to use CAW, but there are side-effects if I understand Inge's post correctly, because I have not tried this. http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1207.0
If you plan on following Inge's guide and have problems/questions, please post in that thread.

However, if this is your own CAW creation, just erase the blue terrain paint. And if this is the case, I'll move this to the Create -> CAW section as this is the Help section for technical failure, for want of a better word.

If I'm mistaken and have overlooked someone having done this, please correct me. Or, if I misunderstood the original question...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 11:59 PM
Thanks! You helped out a lot. I'm new to this, and at first I didn't even know what CAW meant.. But I figured it out. Haha I didn't even know I could create my own costume world!

And to answer YOUR questions. I'm using a pre-made world. Like a world the sims 3 originally came with. So no I was not asking how to do this in CAW or anything of that sort. Now I know you can create your own costume world cause of you! Thank you! :D