Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 4:05 AM
Default Probably the dumbest question you'll see on here
I'm walking around with 1.42. I've been doing that since I got this game, and I am afraid that if I download that new, stupid patch, that none of my mods will work; no hair, no skin, no eyes, no clothes, no nothing. Now, I've already got the updated version of the Core mod I'm using ready to go (cmar_Xcas), but I don't know if this will mess up anything else. I like my sliders and don't want to lose them.

Should I patch or no? I honestly don't know.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 4:56 AM
Yeah, but a lot of things I'd like to have work need that patch.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 10:35 AM
If you are updating, you should in any case only update to 1.67 and avoid the 1.69 patch from Origin. With the manual patch. Here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:TS3_Patching
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemmeh
Yeah, but a lot of things I'd like to have work need that patch.

Agree with @Don Babilon. You really would be better off patching to 1.67 to be able to use updated mods for your game. Patch 1.69 does not alter game play or interfere with script mods. You do not need that patch to be able to use those things you would like to have. Please take a look at the Information For Patch 1.69 Here

Edit: Forgot to mention. If you have room on your hard drive you might want to consider using the Super Patch For 1.67 On This Page. The SP fixes things the incremental patches do not.

BTW: Not a dumb question at all
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 7:24 PM
Maybe you could post a list of your mods in the "Where Can I Find" section of the forums and ask for links for them that work with 1.67.
That is what I would do.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 2:59 PM
Here are a few suggestions for identifying some of your mods needing updates. That is assuming you have NRaas Mods and Mods here at MTS:

NRaas has a listing of mod updates NRaas Mod Updates Released .
Best way to update them all at once is to use this tool: Tuckwits NRaas Mod Updater.

If you use Ani's mods those are over at NRaas and you can see them on the left side of the screen at the bottom of the mods listings while in NRaas.

There is a section here at MTS that lists all the mods and custom content you have downloaded. Click on "My Links" in the upper right corner of your screen. That page will tell you what needs to be updated based on what you have downloaded and installed. You can sort by versions, updates, etc.

To the best of my knowledge mods from the Asylum and Simlogical were updated if it was necessary and all work with 1.67. The Simlogical site has moved and all mods can be seen On This Page and have links to download updates. The Asylum has listings by Creator which includes update information. You need to be logged in to access.