Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Babahara : 24th Nov 2016 at 11:49 PM.
Default 'Greet a descendant' won't fulfill the opportunity
I have an opportunity\quest in the Future to greet a descendant. Greeting them doesn't trigger anything, it isn't recognized as completing the quest. Elsewhere online I read about other people with the same issue, they said this happens if you greet a descendant before you get this quest. But they didn't know how to solve the problem.

Is it possible to solve the issue or do I have to give up on all quests from the Future? I don't want to, they sound interesting, I really want to know who or what crashed in the wasteland, etc.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 10:35 PM
I don't have that EP, but I would be somewhat startled if the Future quests didn't give you the same ability that any other opportunity does. You can right click the icon for it and drop it, thus freeing yourself to accept a different one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:04 AM
I think that it worked... Not sure, because the guy said that if I don't want to mess with descendants, then he won't make me. I received another quest unrelated to them later by requesting it.

The reason I think I might have missed out on more opportunities is because in the Future quests follow each other, they aren't just random, but rather constitue a continuous story. So hopefully there were no more quests related to the descendants specifically
Site Helper
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:23 AM
If there are, you might be able to do them with another sim who has remembered not to greet any descendants before starting that quest line. (Master Controller with Cheats module lets you select quests if you click your sim and Basic. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 7:35 PM
Well, I've run into another issue exactly like this one. Now I can't fulfill the opportunity to check the lotto records at City Hall, because my sim already did that. And I'm pretty sure she did that as an opportunity, as well. I'll see if the quest line continues after I cancel this opportunity.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 11:49 PM
I was suddenly given a quest to greet a relative once again, and it worked! For anyone who'll search how to solve this problem via google, I'll say here that my sim performed action "Hug Long Lost Relative" and that fulfilled the opportunity!

No such luck with lotto, though, the option is greyed out.
Site Helper
#7 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 3:55 PM
In WA it warns you that if you cancel a questline you won't get it again right away. Maybe ITF has a timer before offering quests again as well?

Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:03 AM
I want to return to this topic again to say that perhaps I was wrong before that Hug Long Lost Relative fulfilled the opportunity. I thought so because I saw my sim and the relative hug autonomously (which indeed fulfilled the opportunity) and checked the name of the action they did.

However, later I noticed that 'Greet Descendant' action was back in my game. So maybe she very quickly greeted him this way first and only then they hugged. I have no way of knowing. However, it's back, which proves that with the passage of time the action will be back, at least for relatives you haven't met before.