Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims Keep Having Boys
For some reason, my Sims keep having boys when I want them to have a girl (at least one); I haven't tried to get them to eat watermelon yet, but I don't even know if that'll work. Is there a mod where I can alternate the gender?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:37 AM
Master Controller (or edit family from edit town) and just change gender of any sim older than a baby.

// last heard from neighbour's son (5y old): "gils're unacessary", so young, so dissapointed already

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:21 AM
Have the sims wear something red while they woohoo and face West...no wait, that's not right.

Without interference from mods, the fruit trick should still work. To get the full effect, that would be 5 watermelons (no apples, each apple would counteract 1 watermelon) in the first two trimesters of pregnancy. Anything else that influences or predicts the gender of the unborn, even an in-game medical checkup, will then render the fruit ineffective.

Why anyone would think that making a pregnant sim carry around up to 5 watermelons in their backpack is anything short of abusive is beyond me.

The mod way, you can just set the gender of the unborn child using MasterController (MC Cheats module required) or CmarNYC's Pregnancy Controller mod. With NRaas StoryProgression in play, you can select Male, Female, Random, or Balanced under SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy. Balanced will of course try to even out the numbers of males vs. females in town. Male or Female should force the first born to always be that. Random is the only one that allows the fruit to work. I believe that AwesomeMod has its own way of handling this.

And note that none of these things will have any impact on babies born after the first one in a multiple birth (twins, trips, quads). Those will still be random.