Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:14 AM
Default Into the Future!
Just scooped it up in the Steam sale for the new interactions and the indoor gardening. What should I do first? What is your favorite thing about this EP?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:22 AM
The build/buy mode content for sure. Best thing about the pack by far.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:57 AM
Have fun exploring it on your own. It does not matter how we played it. Just start and see where it leads you.
Inventor
#4 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:09 AM
Travel to the Future to check the lotto numbers, travel back to the present and purchase many lotto tickets from the grocery store.
"Lucky" sims have higher chance to win.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Travel to the future and have a baby with your future descendants.

Oooh I should try that sometime I wonder what the kid(s) would look like
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:39 PM

Isn't that incest, and thus not allowed by default? Or an oversight by the devs?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
The build/buy mode content for sure. Best thing about the pack by far.

Secondin' it. It's really versatile, and can fit into modern styles very well, especially the kitchen counters/cabinets. If you don't want the neon glow, just color the glow channel black - it will disappear.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
The good thing about the furniture is that most of it isn't very sci-fi at all, it's just fairly minimalistic.

One small gripe I have with the glowing furniture, though, that you can't make the glow disappear completely. Even if you color it fully black there will still be a subtle luminance to it. But the wall-mounted light strip set, the HBL-T88 or whatever it's called are quite cool. Those are both futuristic and contemporary at the same time.

And about that - weirdly enough I like it when objects have really elaborate or fancy-sounding names. I don't want "the Big Lemon", I want a "1983 Wansen Maroo 140d16w [LOW MILEAGE]" or something like that. And ITF scratches that itch of mine pretty well.
So the holographic plant projectors might not be your jam but the Canistera cabinets, the Saturnine pedestal, the SAM7 Drink Synthesizer Unit (which probably offers Raktajinos as well as Romulan ale, because Synthale is for petaQs) and the Apogee Ultra SD9 guitar, which is the guitar of choice for 24th century neonpop holostars, just might be.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:13 PM

Isn't that incest, and thus not allowed by default? Or an oversight by the devs?

I think you need a mod for that, like NRAAS woohooer.
You can't even clone sims in the future. All DNA samples in the future disappear when you return to the present.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 7:23 PM
Anyway I had my lesbian couple engineer a baby once and I thought that'd be something really different and exciting.....but it's essentially just the offspring feature from CAS with a couple of extra options thrown in.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#12 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:01 PM
Get the weapon mod and shoot Emit for landing that ghastly thing in your lovely yard /definitely not bitter

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:48 PM
All I know is, once you have a baby with them, they lose that "descendant" tag b/c you altered the timeline and technically you are in an alternate future. GREAT SCOTT!

The future is...confusing. I mean all these parallel alternate realities, really...I could keep up with Back to the Future but most other works of fiction. You just try watching Star Trek and respecting ALL the canon. Including the part where everyone is EXACTLY the same, but evil. And the part where everyone is EXACTLY the same but old, and also not dead. Or the part where they go back to 2024 and the internet runs on floppy disks. Or that goddamn part where they totally have 3d-holo-battle simulations in the year 2256, but NOT 10 years later and also not 110 years later.

So no. Once a descendant, always a descendant.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#15 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:23 PM
Or that goddamn part where they totally have 3d-holo-battle simulations in the year 2256, but NOT 10 years later and also not 110 years later.

If you remember Moriarty, followed by the Doctor on Voyager (Not Doctor Who, the sentient hologram Doctor) this one is easy.

"Hey, guys, this is the Enterprise. We accidentally created a sentient hologram that took over the ship. He returned control when we promised to have the best scientific minds in the Federation working on the problem of getting him free from the need to remain on the holodeck."

"Sentient holograms? Hey that sounds like a wonderful idea for backup personnel in key stations like medical and engineering..."

Then Voyager makes it back home with the Doctor. He is fully self-aware, and a valued (and beloved) crew member. Voyager's disappearance and subsequent reappearance is newsworthy. The Doctor becomes famous.

Suddenly Hologram rights groups are demanding the end of the slavery and abuse of holograms. No more 3D holographic battle simulations.

And Voyager didn't have holodecks because they were using all the holography tech for the emergency personnel.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
"Hey, guys, this is the Enterprise. We accidentally created a sentient hologram that took over the ship. He returned control when we promised to have the best scientific minds in the Federation working on the problem of getting him free from the need to remain on the holodeck."
"Sentient holograms? Hey that sounds like a wonderful idea for backup personnel in key stations like medical and engineering..."
Then Voyager makes it back home with the Doctor. He is fully self-aware, and a valued (and beloved) crew member. Voyager's disappearance and subsequent reappearance is newsworthy. The Doctor becomes famous.
Suddenly Hologram rights groups are demanding the end of the slavery and abuse of holograms. No more 3D holographic battle simulations.
And Voyager didn't have holodecks because they were using all the holography tech for the emergency personnel.

Yes but Voyager didn't make it back home until 2379, 15 years after the 24th century canon starts. Also Voyager DID have holodecks, they just used them sparingly. Also keep in mind that the holodecks seen on the Enterprise-D were clearly a new technology seeing as A) Riker heavily implied this in "Encounter at Farpoint" and B) the Galaxy class was the only class of starships, as far as we know, to have the yellow-on-black style.

And besides, I'm sure Section 31 would've had Moriarty AND The Doctor "disappear" for exactly that reason. If Starfleet is highly reluctant to entrust an android with command of a starship, or enlistment in general, I imagine they'd have a lot more issues with people that don't even exist at all. I mean at least Data is a physical, sentient, completely independent being that don't need no daddy Soong.

But then again it may just be a matter of how developed these technologies are. TOS has food synthesizers; TNG has replicators. The holographic battle simulation from DISCO is nothing more than a traditional hologram, it's not fully immersive. Following that logic I'm sure the uniform synthesizer from DISCO is also an established technology in the TNG era, even if it's never seen. I imagine it'd be quite inconvenient for new uniforms to have to be delivered physically to a ship on duty in deep space when you can just download them over subspace and have the replicator pull a night shift to clothe everyone the next day.

Hell now that I think about it, my 2010s-era Sim households have become awfully dependent on food- and drink synthesizers. I should do something about it, that ain't right. Talk about a messy timeline.

insert signature here
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

Don't you remember Captain Proton?

:lovestruc
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:07 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 16th Feb 2018 at 4:13 PM.
I've heard of the episode recurring holodeck program but haven't seen it yet. I'm afraid I'm only up to season 2 of Voyager. And to be totally honest, I've managed to skip a fair bit of TNG as well (about 1 in 15 episodes I'd say)
But yes Voyager definitely had holodecks because if you don't, you can't have holodeck episodes. And only DS9 can get away with not having holodeck episodes, and even then I believe they ended up doing them anyway.

Mexican Data has no time for your silly "real life" nonsense.

insert signature here