Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 4:11 PM
Default Version 0.0.0.0 after patching to 1.67
Hi! I recently installed all my the Sims 3 games again because I haven't played in ages, and everything went fine until wanted to install World Adventures, then the game started crashing. This is probably because I installed it after Generations, but I didn't know that at the time, so I started manually installing all the games, and reinstalling them.

This is where the real problem began;
I installed them in the correct order, and then patched (to the latest version, I used the patch downloader from this site). This resulted in an error, and the launcher showing "version: 0.0.0.0". I thought I might have done something wrong while reinstalling, so I uninstalled all the games again and reinstalled. After patching, the same problem happened again. I have done this so many times now, trying different ways (installing just the base game and then patching, and installing the expansions after, just installing the base game, patch it and then try to run it, patching the expansions first and then the base game, etc.) but it just won't work. I'm so sick of this and I just want to lie down and cry.

I've installed the base game, disabled the internet and tried to run it before patching, and that works. But after patching it, the launcher reads "version 0.0.0.0" again.

Please, I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me play my favourite game again!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 1:51 PM
*bump*
No one? This is such an annoying problem..
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:53 PM
I would download the SuperPatcher which can be found here:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:TS3_Patching

Under Current Patch you find the file, the 1.62 GB file. Install this on your Base Game, then install the EP's, then run the patch downloader program to install the correct patches for those earlier EP's which had their own patches.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/