Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 1:22 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 27th Sep 2017 at 3:25 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAW: Same world, new name, save as, crash {solved}
Hi, So I've noticed with two different worlds I've edited that caw will crash if you try to save a town that already exists (data wise I guess). What I'm wondering is if thats the case. That if I open an existing saved world, deleted a tree or lot, then tried to save it under a different name CAW will crash...My solution being to remove the world save from the folder while I'm editing and saving a clone of it. Help?

Also this is probably confusing and poorly written sorry.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:36 AM
Are you trying to export the world?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:58 AM
Maybe you can explain a bit more detailed what you are doing? Which file do you edit? Does saving under the same name work? If you open a CAW world of course you can save it under a different name after editing it. So there must be something else amiss.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 3:08 AM
Nope, I'm not to exporting yet, just saving and well... I have a town called Aspen Hills. I deleted some lots, trees, and a piece of road. I renamed it in the description prompt and when I went to "save as" and it crashed.

Same as a previous world. It kept crashing when I tried to resave the same world (with changes) under a different name. I began testing it and I opened the world BUT I did notice I could delete a lot save and be fine but when I'd open the world back up and place a lot in this new open area it would then crash upon saving.

I just finished another world for testing purposes. Worked just fine without me messing with the lots. Maybe I need to rebuild routing before saving?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 3:28 AM
Did you build the world or do you edit a premade world? And if it was a premade world how did you make it available in caw again=
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:15 AM
CAW automatically rebuilds the routing when you save. I've had trouble editing premade worlds and I just tend to redo it. It doesn't crash, persay, but it does throw the "failed to save world" error.
Open it up again in CAW and making sure to delete those 2 specific files in SP3E. Before doing anything else, once in CAW I change the name and description then "save as" the exact name I use in the world layer.
I have noticed that custom content has alot to do with exporting and being able to use Edit in Game mode. ( at least for me it does ) Perhaps the lot you are trying to replace has too much CC?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+...+World+Into+CAW
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Did you build the world or do you edit a premade world? And if it was a premade world how did you make it available in caw again=

The world is premade, got it into CAW. Saved and exported it once. Now I'm opening the world again, from the actual package file in my world cache, so the same package file I "saved as" into caw, and the same package file I exported to a sims3pack
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:06 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 27th Sep 2017 at 12:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
CAW automatically rebuilds the routing when you save. I've had trouble editing premade worlds and I just tend to redo it. It doesn't crash, persay, but it does throw the "failed to save world" error.
Open it up again in CAW and making sure to delete those 2 specific files in SP3E. Before doing anything else, once in CAW I change the name and description then "save as" the exact name I use in the world layer.
I have noticed that custom content has alot to do with exporting and being able to use Edit in Game mode. ( at least for me it does ) Perhaps the lot you are trying to replace has too much CC?

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+...+World+Into+CAW

Sadly no, the world is empty and I'm only deleting trees, base game even, and road to place a new lot. Its not too much of a problem atm but it's going to bite me in the butt every time I try to save work not knowing whether or not I'll crash the program.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 7:07 AM
When you say "world cache", you mean the .world-file in your Worlds folder in the User Data Folder in your EA CAW folder in your documents folder, right? Like this: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World\UserToolData\Worlds\
So the one that got a .settings-file with the same name and there is a folder with the same name which contains the Layers and the Lots folder? (Sorry, cannot take a screenshot at the moment, that would probably show better what I mean).

The exported version runs fine?
Does the world contain any cc or store items?

And how do you place the lot, in CAW? Or in the Edit Town-mode of CAW? Do you use standard sizes or a mod like Any Lot Size?
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
When you say "world cache", you mean the .world-file in your Worlds folder in the User Data Folder in your EA CAW folder in your documents folder, right? Like this: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World\UserToolData\Worlds\
So the one that got a .settings-file with the same name and there is a folder with the same name which contains the Layers and the Lots folder? (Sorry, cannot take a screenshot at the moment, that would probably show better what I mean).

The exported version runs fine?
Does the world contain any cc or store items?

And how do you place the lot, in CAW? Or in the Edit Town-mode of CAW? Do you use standard sizes or a mod like Any Lot Size?

Yes i mean the world file in the world caches folder, the exported version runs fine, the world is empty except for base game trees. I dont do the edit in game.
So I think this may just be a conflict thing. Last night instead of editing a save of my edits of someone else world, I took the world file I had exported with all my changes and re-entered it into caw. I dont mind this method so I'll consider it solved for the most part.