Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 7:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Lag/delay for sim menu?
I've recently run into the problem of having a delay whenever I click on a sim. I've been browsing the interwebs for solutions but haven't managed to solve it yet, and most posts I find on the subject are quite old. Also, most other people seem to have a delay of only 3-10 seconds, but mine is a good 30 seconds, which is VERY annoying! The delay only happens when clicking on sims, not objects and such. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what might have caused the problem but I THINK it started after adding some new NRaas mod, I believe it might have been StoryProgression. I removed it, but the issue remained. At first it was only a 10 second delay, but after I re-installed the game in hopes it'd make a difference, it only got worse! Some information:

Mods/CC:
- NRaas MasterController (Also, opening the MC menu from the sim pie menu has a delay too, but less than 10 seconds)
- NRaas Decensor
- NRaas Woohooer
- Oniki's Kinky World (plus animation packs)
- EA's store content

Please note that the game worked perfectly fine with these things before, though! I specifically decided to use as few mods as possible since my computer isn't great, and opted for store content instead of other CC to make sure it's more "legit" and doesn't cause compatibility issues. I've heard some people have trouble because of store content but, well, it worked fine up until recently. I used to have Midnight Hollow installed and tried to remove that in case it was the cause, but alas, it made no difference.

EP/SP:
- Late Night
- Supernatural
- Into the Future
- Movie Stuff
- Master Suite

Once again, got stuff packs to get "legit" items instead of random CC, and limited myself to as few EP's as possible to improve game performance.

System specs (this is my first time listing these so I hope I did it right):
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor: AMD A6-340M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 cores, 4 logical processors
Built-in physical memory/RAM: 8,00 GB (though the disc I'm using for the game has a total of 195 GB, with 44,4 GB of space currently free)
Graphics card: Honestly no idea but I doubt graphics play any role in this...

I've seen some suggestions in other forums saying it might have to do with sims having too much in their inventories - this is not the case, I'm using a new household since I re-installed the game and their inventories are empty. Doesn't seem to matter which sim I click, the delay is consistent. However, there is NO delay when shift-clicking sims (to access the testingcheats sim menu). I want to emphasize again that everything worked fine before, with the same mods, the same store content and the same EP's and SP's, I even had MORE EP's when the problem first occurred (Seasons and Pets, on top of the aforementioned ones) but decided to skip those when re-installing to improve performance.

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Click in delay of sims involves mods that create new sims interactions such as Kinky World. Mods themselves are not designed to delay for 30 seconds though, creators would notice. However, combination of multiple mods modifying the same area, such as sims interactions, would stack or even conflict.

The only real way to determine this is to:

1) Do a clean run, remove the TS3 user folder (rename or move). Start a new game. Test to see if you have this delay.
2) If 1 passes (meaning no delay), "copy" your savegame into the clean TS3 folder in #1. Run it. This will determine if the save itself has been damaged.
3) If 2 passes (meaning no delay), then you have to do the 50/50 method to test your mods and see what combination works.

Thanks! I did a "clean run" and it seemed okay so I will move on to the other steps and report back

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kithie
Mods/CC:
- Oniki's Kinky World (plus animation packs)

My prediction is that you will find that the heaviest contributor to the click-lag, if it's not personal inventory overload, is this one right here.