Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 6:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [Steam Version Related] SIMs 3 Launcher Failing to Install .sims3pack Files
Just got back to The SIMs 3 after purchasing the game and every EP on Steam, thanks to the Winter Sale :D

However I'm finding an issue where the launcher is refusing to install my sims3packs and is actually crashing on the install process. I would've been more pleased if the launcher actually tried to install a sims3pack and give me an error like "Failed to install sims3pack", but no dice as the install process just crashes and a window popup saying that SIMs 3 has stopped working is displayed instead.

I'm not sure if this is purely a Steam version only issue or if it's a Windows 10 thing, or worst case scenario both but I really need this sorted out as I really want to install everything I used to have.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:50 AM
First things I would try are to run Launcher as an administrator, and also to add your userdata to the antivirus scanning exceptions.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:20 AM
I will also ask, is any of this store content and if so is it freshly downloaded, or are you using store content downloads from a prior time? The game wouldn't recognize any of my previously downloaded store content as "mine" when I switched from Origin to Steam earlier this year and I had to redownload everything from Purchase History. Custom Content in sims3packs did not cause an issue.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:29 AM
If you've already installed it before maybe you can try copying the files from your DCCache into your new one. Sorry if this isn't too helpful.