Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:19 AM
Default Why would this make my game lag?
I downloaded a bunch of things, installed them all at once, then found out my game was lagging. I took them out, and am adding them back folder by folder. The thing that seems to set off the lag is a folder of babies' clothes- specifically, five outfits and two meshes. My question is why in the world would this make my game lag? Is there a certain number of items you can download or a size of your downloads folder that would cause this?

Here are my system specs, if you need them:

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:50 AM
Which ones? Do you know where you got them?
It's possible they are high-poly items or have large textures.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Which ones? Do you know where you got them?
It's possible they are high-poly items or have large textures.

Thanks for the quick reply! I got them here . (I didn't download all of them.)

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:02 AM
Those are Sims 2 downloads-that's probably why you're having lag.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:03 AM
Oh, now I see the tags. Thank you. They were linked to a site that as far as I could tell only had Sims 3 downloads, which is why I got confused.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 1:54 AM
You're most welcome-I've had the same thing happen to me before.