Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6201 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:22 PM
In the the Sim 3 they do..... I don't know about 4. I thought that was "too sensitive & Triggering" for that game.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#6202 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Drops it on the ground? Interesting. In TS2, I had built a swimming pool moat around a house. The Paperboy just took a dive, swam to the island, and drop it next to the door, then swam back to the where he came from and left the lot with only trunks on.

He doesn't drop it... he throws it. stomps around then runs off. Sometimes they will knock the trashcan over and make a mess. Just little quirky things like that. Those are all the things they took out of TS4.

I should build a moat around my mail box....hmmmmmmm wonder if I can kill the mail carrier by drowning..... Build a pool around the mailbox.....when he get's in...pause it... build a gate around the edge... Let him drown. That might be fun today.
Alchemist
#6203 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 7:38 PM
That person should have known better, that a highly advertised feature such as illness, of course, would have let the gameplay's to a somewhat gruesome direction eventually. At the same, I don't get the people who think they find it wrong or weird to feel emotional over a creative medium. While yes it is a game, I wouldn't say it's any different from as crying when watching a sad movie.
It's not healthy to get that upset over what's essentially a cartoon pet. If you're so emotional that you're on your second day of crying about it, it's difficult for you to write about what you saw, and you're not sure you'll get over it any time soon, you should really take a step back and get some perspective.

TS4 definitely lacks the depth of TS2's enemy system. I saw a Sim attack his own mother, and as soon as the dust cloud cleared, they were chatting like nothing ever happened.
Test Subject
#6204 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Oh my God! That's one of the best parts of TS2. Enemies stealing newspapers and knocking over garbage cans. Loved ones leaving flowers on your doorstep. Meanwhile, in this game, I have to make my Sims act hostile to people they don't like. They see an enemy out at a community lot and the first thing they do is start up a friendly conversation. No, you idiots! I want you guys to hate each other!

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Oh, that natural TS2 drama. It almost wrote itself sometimes. Sims fighting one another on sight? More of that please.

Meanwhile in Sims 4, enemies ask you out for dinner to work out your differences when you have Dine Out installed
Forum Resident
#6205 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I'm wondering whether these people would bury their tamagotchi and gives it a funeral. XD

Hey! I've done that before...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6206 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 1:59 AM
I miss personality types reacting to being treated a certain way. Like, based on how active (I think) a Sim was, they’re react differently - crying, insulting, fighting back, etc.

There isn’t not single time trait (brave) that changes generic behavior. Based on the scales, there are more reactions. There’s less complex Sim behavior nowadays.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#6207 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:36 AM
I miss personality types reacting to being treated a certain way. Like, based on how active (I think) a Sim was, they’re react differently - crying, insulting, fighting back, etc. There isn’t not single time trait (brave) that changes generic behavior. Based on the scales, there are more reactions. There’s less complex Sim behavior nowadays.

Also the mood system which was touted by EA pre-release is completely screwed up. A sad or angry sim will still have a happy expression on their face.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6208 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:40 PM
Vivid, TACTILE emotions.

#smarterSims

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#6209 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 2:20 PM
I miss personality types reacting to being treated a certain way. Like, based on how active (I think) a Sim was, they’re react differently - crying, insulting, fighting back, etc.

There isn’t not single time trait (brave) that changes generic behavior. Based on the scales, there are more reactions. There’s less complex Sim behavior nowadays.

The only thing I don't miss about the way emotions worked in TS2 was just how...sensitive my Sims tended to be. One bug infestation and my whole household would be in tears for DAYS.

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
#6210 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
The only thing I don't miss about the way emotions worked in TS2 was just how...sensitive my Sims tended to be. One bug infestation and my whole household would be in tears for DAYS.

That made me remember last year when I wanted to get all the deaths in TS2. I locked up one guy in a room full of dirty dishes. It was a PAIN to have him not die of something other than the flies because every time he would try to do anything, he would have a meltdown.

Then I gave up when after research I found out there was like a 1% chance or something that the flies would kill him.

That challenge was pretty fun.
Mad Poster
#6211 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 4:39 PM
Ain't amusing how cats, kittens, and puppies can be carried around in hands anywhere while with babies it's not possible? And I put a bet that the possibility of allowing a humanoid infant to have such a feature ain't coming soon (i.e. never). That's so much EA coming from EA, so it's predictable. Converting that along with cast extended to clothes-hairstyles-furniture as well (proven it exists and there's an obvious potential for that) would bring so many sales If they patched those stuff in the base game. Or I might be giving them an idea to release it in an expansion pack
Field Researcher
#6212 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 6:31 PM
EA could have easily tripled the amount they made on this game if they had dared to make this game what it should be. Instead they watered it down, went with a formula of nickle and diming the customer to death... oh yeah... making it so sensitive that most players want to vomit... and at the same time pushing their hypocritical agenda. Who the hell scolds people about dog houses and then creates medicines or plants or whatever the fuck it is that makes the dogs poop gold so the sims can make money????? WTF is that?

they seem to have a lot of focus on Poop, Partying, and the whole "Bro Culture" thing. So that makes this The Shits... not The Sims. That's what it should be called. Welcome to the Shits.... get your closest bro, go party and see who can push out the most angry poop of all. High five that shit!!!
Mad Poster
#6213 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 6:39 PM
I don't really laugh at poop jokes (though, I shamelessly make fart noises at school), but that made me laugh: TS4 is indeed about having teenage girls enjoying only virtual parties, poops, and bro culture. Heck, that doesn't even sound. SimGuruDrake.... <_< when will ya learn?
Field Researcher
#6214 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 6:59 PM
The fart stuff and the poop jokes would be funny....If they kept all the other weird stuff in the game. But it makes no sense now and is just stupid. All this highly sensitive "oh we don't want to trigger anyone" crap, and then they put in poop jokes... Stupid.

if they had a University and had the partying there with the Bro stuff.... then Yes... Now that's where that crap would be. Of course it's funny then. But they took the soul out of the game. Now it's just a parody of itself.
Mad Poster
#6215 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 7:26 PM
Weirder stories. I personally don't mind fart jokes. I just brush. But what I do want there to be is darker/quirky humor back from the past games, ya know? Mrs. Crumplebottom, therapist, social bunny (these things shouldn't be forced upon all players, but certain criteria that meet both of the players' sides standards to trigger the spawning of these NPCs). Also, where are the cake dancers? Aspiration failure Despiration animations (doing the rhyme with the time)?
Field Researcher
#6216 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 11:29 AM Last edited by Goldbear : 4th Dec 2017 at 1:41 PM.
I agree about the dark humour. The game is missing it badly. That and a soul.

The farting just seems really childish. Angry poops are just pathetic. But then this is what happens when EA are too afraid of triggering people. They aren’t so much giving us a game and more pushing a social agenda on us.
Mad Poster
#6217 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 2:15 PM
Can see why many prefer b@tch*ng about the game here than on the official forums. One of the threads not long ago we're started, and OP realizing that shocking so many people provided constructive criticism to her titled question's answer about 'why is TS4 bashed upon players', she requested that all post to be locked (though it is still open) because from the expression I'm getting from my observation, the attitude and atmosphere of her (or him, pardon for assuming gender If I guessed it wrong) shows that she/he/them couldn't handle listening any of opposing side of her debate.

In a nutshell, what's more fun than opening a thread and asking a question that obviously gonna stir up with disagreement? Asking authority/mods/admins to close it afterward because oh well, my feelings urging to fake out that I have Alzheimer due to own skin willing asking to be rubbed on and take the opinion as a personal attack.
Instructor
#6218 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
EA could have easily tripled the amount they made on this game if they had dared to make this game what it should be.

Not really, they cannot loot box it ... they tried something like that with The Sims 2 and 3 and didnt worked out as they expected.
Maxis is only staying open because of the mobile division were they can pull freemium bullshit, they dont care about a good product, only on maximize revenue at any cost.
Field Researcher
#6219 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Not really, they cannot loot box it ... they tried something like that with The Sims 2 and 3 and didnt worked out as they expected.
Maxis is only staying open because of the mobile division were they can pull freemium bullshit, they dont care about a good product, only on maximize revenue at any cost.

They are just bad at Business. they don't know how to do it. Doing the loot box thing is all they know. They are incapable of taking a risk on a proven money making franchise. When they Ruined SimCity...that wasn't a risk they were taking by changing the way it's played... they were trying to get as much cash as possible and it blew up in their faces. Going the route of EP, SP, GP for the Sims is just Gutless. Look at City Skylines... the base pack alone was loaded with everything needed in a base game and then some. by the time they started adding DLC items and EP's it was just the cherry on top.

If they did something like that with the sims... gave us a fully loaded base game with pets, weather, variety of occupations, at least 8 life stages (baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, Adult, senior, elder), supernaturals (which can be turned off) and some vacation worlds of sorts and tons of building stuff.... raise the specs...then that leaves room for completely new and original ideas for EP's... you know... instead of repeating the same shit over and over again. Now that would be a base game worth $80 easily. Anything after that could be a $10 EP and they would still make bank. But... EA/Maxis are whiny little bitches who are too afraid to make an actual quality game...when loot boxing makes more money and they take no responsibility for the bugs and glitches that they refuse to fix.
Field Researcher
#6220 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 9:11 PM
Weirder stories. I personally don't mind fart jokes. I just brush. But what I do want there to be is darker/quirky humor back from the past games, ya know? Mrs. Crumplebottom, therapist, social bunny (these things shouldn't be forced upon all players, but certain criteria that meet both of the players' sides standards to trigger the spawning of these NPCs). Also, where are the cake dancers? Aspiration failure Despiration animations (doing the rhyme with the time)?

See I agree... If they had kept all the the darker humor I wouldn't mind at all. I am a fan of good "Potty humor". but the way they set up TS4....it's just not funny. Everything that was great about this franchise is now gone. They ruined it. Most of the people getting "triggered" have never played the other versions of the sims... they have no clue what they are missing.
Forum Resident
#6221 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:14 PM
Interview with Grant Rodiek

I'm not a fan of Grant anyway and this makes me wonder once again if we're actually talking about the same game.
Like toddlers and pools and ghosts are not some generosity. They should've been there since the beginning.
TS3 DID NOT have just one EP per year. TS3 had two to three EP per year (plus SP and store) and each EP had more content than most of the packs in TS4 combined.
The way he said they have the "scary stuff" out of the way and can now concentrate on the fun stuff and that they're trying to make EP "full of stuff".
Scholar
#6222 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

I'm not a fan of Grant anyway and this makes me wonder once again if we're actually talking about the same game.
Like toddlers and pools and ghosts are not some generosity. They should've been there since the beginning.
TS3 DID NOT have just one EP per year. TS3 had two to three EP per year (plus SP and store) and each EP had more content than most of the packs in TS4 combined.
The way he said they have the "scary stuff" out of the way and can now concentrate on the fun stuff and that they're trying to make EP "full of stuff".

Grant is basically just a corporate puppet. I'm not sure if he actually believes what he's saying, or he's just towing the company line, but it creeps me out sometimes. "Hello, can the real Grant come to the phone?"

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
#6223 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:18 PM
Can see why many prefer b@tch*ng about the game here than on the official forums. One of the threads not long ago we're started, and OP realizing that shocking so many people provided constructive criticism to her titled question's answer about 'why is TS4 bashed upon players', she requested that all post to be locked (though it is still open) because from the expression I'm getting from my observation, the attitude and atmosphere of her (or him, pardon for assuming gender If I guessed it wrong) shows that she/he/them couldn't handle listening any of opposing side of her debate.

In a nutshell, what's more fun than opening a thread and asking a question that obviously gonna stir up with disagreement? Asking authority/mods/admins to close it afterward because oh well, my feelings urging to fake out that I have Alzheimer due to own skin willing asking to be rubbed on and take the opinion as a personal attack.

It's frightening how some S4 players take criticism about the sims 4 personally.
Field Researcher
#6224 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:22 PM

I think the most worrying part of that interview is when he talks about how they want to make weird and funny stuff for the game!
Field Researcher
#6225 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:30 PM

Whoooooaaaa, I had not seen this one. You know...I was always a little wary of Grant, but now, that is just horse shit. What a blatant liar. Did they give everyone some sort of Amnesia Juice over at EA? How could he make those statements knowing their are thousands of players who would call BS on him?!!
Locked thread
Page 249 of 447