Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#6251 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Cats and Dogs is 50% off right now. Just a heads up for the people who were waiting for it to go on sale.

That one disagree isn't mine but over here(Brazil), it didn't drop 50%(so I'm assuming the sale is different for other countries too) and also this is the first EP they raised the price. I'm assuming it has to do with currency issues as EA for a long time held the prices down to the usual(as if 1$= 2R$, but this has changed a long time ago). Still it feels really odd to see an EP more expensive that the base game was at release. Now that it's on sale it is still about the same price of base game at release. This EP originally was costing almost the double of all the other EPs, hopefully they didn't raise any other prices for old packs. I have no idea if Cats and Dogs are so popular over here that they may have felt that people would still buy it. I won't, I hardly care about Pets in my game.

I usually just adopted a pet once(in previous games) and them just forget about it while playing other households or generations. I used to enjoy horses in TS3 and used mods to keep them away from the main house, but anyways... the only thing so far I've seen in this EP that got me wishing I had it was that curly hair, but I won't really buy an EP because of it.

It's good to know about the color wheel, though.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6252 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:17 PM
I heard about the issues they've been having with that pack over in Brazil. That's really fucked up. I sincerely hope nobody's actually paying for an expansion that costs more than the base game. That's just straight up robbery

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#6253 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina

... the only thing so far I've seen in this EP that got me wishing I had it was that curly hair, but I won't really buy an EP because of it.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602946

Someone converted the curly hair (atleast I assume you're talking about the one the OP in this thread is talking about) in my post at the bottom, to the Base Game. And there are some assorted edits there too.

on topic(sorta) I know it's only been a month but...no new tidbits? Nothin?

FOR THE HORDE
Forum Resident
#6254 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Considering I paid full price for City Living this time last year, seems slightly unfair.

Honestly, I would never recommend paying full price for an EP for this game ever. Not even a GP either. There just isn't a reason too because the sales are so frequent. I mean I haven't paid full price for ANY content since outdoor retreat. Utilize CDkeys (and other websites like it), origin sales, and brick store sales you can practically never pay full price for a single piece of content for TS4.
Mad Poster
#6255 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:08 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:46 PM.
I thought just came to my mind: Besides, Seasons, what other concepts can developers shove out of their arses in another expansion pack?
- It couldn't be a destination/ traveling one because the upcoming teased game pack and Outdoor Treat already gave us a hint that such things presumably will continue on game packs, so it would look out-of-consistency and not practical from a business sense If it did came into an EP.
- Freetime/Generation-- that one is a long shot because in retrospective It did fine as a part of it in a Parenthood game pack, so these other puzzle pieces of that big idea will be shelved in a form of game packs.
- Supernatural-- doesn't look like it will be coming, because the last time (and may I remind you all, it was way back when we got such thing and never-again/went absent during a period when after we stop receiving...) a packed-in (adding that it was a very fleshed out one for the first time in TS4 series) life state which was in Vampires game pack. So yeah, in-depth lifestate - sold like hot cakes - came in a form of gamepack - after that no lifestates at all.
- Partying: I think EA knows well that we have no interest and aware that we're oversaturated enough of that dull champagne, so no thank you.
- Showtime: should have been obvious enough by back then when it got released the concept went dipshit on its own alone, lolololol.

(Kind off phrase it off badly in here, so I suggest reading my comment here: click)

So, what's next? If seasons get's released or not (which is unlikely for a highly demand for a return by the fans), could it be the end of the expansion packs?

I kind of did forget University. Though I guess it could go along as another exception for Seasons... or it's core elements could be split into too forms: in a game pack (much like DIne out) that has functional dorms, while in an expansion pack all those goody off-screen classes and majors things acting identical to careers that only an EP can introduce.
Scholar
#6256 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:18 PM
yeah expansion packs require work,so they'll realise making unneeded boring stuff packs will bring them more cash with half the effort!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#6257 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:37 PM
Yeah, based on that presumption I can only make a wild guess that after seasons (If they do have plans, which can hardly be argued there aren't for such fan return demanded dlc) I can conclude that may be the end of expansion packs or of more shitty ones that really flop and are really to a big drop point that they no longer consider what their label as - expansion packs. Imagine an expansion that doesn't include game-changing and offers only new objects and clothes (like literally what a stuff pack would do) or a gamepack-esque.
Scholar
#6258 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I thought just came to my mind: Besides, Seasons, what other concepts can developers shove out of their arses in another expansion pack?
- It couldn't be a destination/ traveling one because the upcoming teased game pack and Outdoor Treat already gave us a hint that such things presumably will continue on game packs, so it would look out-of-consistency and not practical from a business sense If it did came into an EP.
- Freetime/Generation-- that one is a long shot because in retrospective It did fine as a part of it in a Parenthood game pack, so these other puzzle pieces of that big idea will be shelved in a form of game packs.
- Supernatural-- doesn't look like it will be coming, because the last time (and may I remind you all, it was way back when we got such thing and never-again/went absent during a period when after we stop receiving...) a packed-in (adding that it was a very fleshed out one for the first time in TS4 series) life state which was in Vampires game pack. So yeah, in-depth lifestate - sold like hot cakes - came in a form of gamepack - after that no lifestates at all.
- Partying: I think EA knows well that we have no interest and aware that we're oversaturated enough of that dull champagne, so no thank you.
- Showtime: should have been obvious enough by back then when it got released the concept went dipshit on its own alone, lolololol.

(Kind off phrase it off badly in here, so I suggest reading my comment here: click)

So, what's next? If seasons get's released or not (which is unlikely for a highly demand for a return by the fans), could it be the end of the expansion packs?

I kind of did forget University. Though I guess it could go along as another exception for Seasons... or it's core elements could be split into too forms: in a game pack (much like DIne out) that has functional dorms, while in an expansion pack all those goody off-screen classes and majors things acting identical to careers that only an EP can introduce.

You know, phrased the way you have it here, I honest don't know what the future holds for Expansions. It's pretty obvious that the Game Pack team clearly excels in quality over the Expansion Pack team. I think Seasons will come, but I don't know if it will be an Expansion or Game Pack, I tend to waffle one way and then the other on how I think Maxis will handle it.

I'd say a University pack could be an Expansion, but I think that's a condensed enough concept that it could be put into a Game Pack instead. So, I don't know. It's a good question you've put forth.
Mad Poster
#6259 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 9:04 PM
I guess the thing that is not stopping them from fooling their loyal lambs is by offering a new world in an ep to choose from the game-- Though wait, in reality, they can just add anything game pack related stuff/mechanics and call it an "expansion pack", as it wouldn't make any difference since that whole little classifying title is there to give an illusion that it is something BIG but in distinguish it is the same, or less or more. Lol, it's confusing. so I guess the thesis is: Game Pack VS Expansion Pack: NO DIFFERENCE Ah whatever.
Scholar
#6260 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:28 PM
I just found this little gem while I was scanning the Sims news. Thoughts on this? Is Grant trolling us now?

Source

I might add if you scan through the thread for that tweet, you'll see folks saying how Grant blocked them and they hadn't even tried tweeting at him. Gotta love that. Grant doesn't want people bothering him about the Sims on his personal account, yet, here he is posting about the Sims. Bit of a contradiction in terms, if you ask me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6261 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:12 PM
Why are you giving this man attention?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#6262 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Why are you giving this man attention?

I was bored (and waiting for my real life laundry to dry).
Mad Poster
#6263 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I just found this little gem while I was scanning the Sims news. Thoughts on this? Is Grant trolling us now?

Source

I might add if you scan through the thread for that tweet, you'll see folks saying how Grant blocked them and they hadn't even tried tweeting at him. Gotta love that. Grant doesn't want people bothering him about the Sims on his personal account, yet, here he is posting about the Sims. Bit of a contradiction in terms, if you ask me.

Considering the latest little debacle with Graham, it might be best to pay no credence to this clumsy attempt at baiting.

"ZOMG My sim did [blank] for the first time in years!"
That could literally be anything. It could even be something we already have in game that he just hasn't done in years. It's not even good baiting. Are we supposed to be shocked at the idea of getting additional and returning content in the future? You wanna get people talking, Grant? Be a little more specific in your hints. GAH! Why does everything this man does have to be so douchey!? I just wanna....not gonna rant. Not gonna rant.

But I'm bored so, just for the hell of it, let's do some detective work and see what this potential "hint" could be

12 years ago was 2006. The packs released back then were Pets and Open For Business, two things we've already gotten back in TS4. But hey, 2018 just started. I'm willing to give him some leeway on the math and guess that he might mean a pack that came out in 2005. University or Nightlife. We already got most of Nightlife through Get Together and City Living. All that would be missing are vehicles, but it shouldn't have been 12 years since he's done that since they were around in TS3. Then there's University. While we don't have a University Pack for TS4 yet, it hasn't been 12 years since we've gotten something like it.

Possible Conclusion(s):
- Grant's math is wrong
- Grant is trolling
- Grant's talking about something from one of those four packs that we still don't have (doubtful when you consider TS3 in this 12 year gap)

Lemme know if I made any miscalculations (to be honest, I've already spotted one potential flaw in my investigation). I also kept the two console games (Urbz and TS2) in mind and things still don't really add up, as far as I can tell.

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#6264 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Considering the latest little debacle with Graham, it might be best to pay no credence to this clumsy attempt at baiting.

"ZOMG My sim did [blank] for the first time in years!"
That could literally be anything. It could even be something we already have in game that he just hasn't done in years. It's not even good baiting. Are we supposed to be shocked at the idea of getting additional and returning content in the future? You wanna get people talking, Grant? Be a little more specific in your hints. GAH! Why does everything this man does have to be so douchey!? I just wanna....not gonna rant. Not gonna rant.

But I'm bored so, just for the hell of it, let's do some detective work and see what this potential "hint" could be

12 years ago was 2006. The packs released back then were Pets and Open For Business, two things we've already gotten back in TS4. But hey, 2018 just started. I'm willing to give him some leeway on the math and guess that he might mean a pack that came out in 2005. University or Nightlife. We already got most of Nightlife through Get Together and City Living. All that would be missing are vehicles, but it shouldn't have been 12 years since he's done that since they were around in TS3. Then there's University. While we don't have a University Pack for TS4 yet, it hasn't been 12 years since we've gotten something like it.

Possible Conclusion(s):
- Grant's math is wrong
- Grant is trolling
- Grant's talking about something from one of those four packs that we still don't have (doubtful when you consider TS3 in this 12 year gap)

Lemme know if I made any miscalculations (to be honest, I've already spotted one potential flaw in my investigation). I also kept the two console games (Urbz and TS2) in mind and things still don't really add up, as far as I can tell.

I have no idea, but I'm not discounting the trolling angle, since he seems to love to tweet things like this and then block people who try to respond or even look at his activity. That seems to be on par with the maturity level Maxis has demonstrated recently via SimGuru Graham.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6265 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:34 PM
Something weird that Sims have’t done in 12+ years...

Simulated Life? Weird indeed.

Field Researcher
#6266 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:09 PM
Showed care for others? Personality? Sims 2 surprises even the developers.
Field Researcher
#6267 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:31 PM
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/t...setLocale=en-us

This weird action of Sims in Sims 2 was an opportunity in the Open For Business to sell babies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6268 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:31 PM
“Selling”babies, mechanically speaking, not literally, would be a great way to run an orphanage. Orphaned children come in and you take care of them them until someone adopts a child they’d like.

Field Researcher
#6269 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:41 PM

Source

Yup he's a charmer for sure. Block anyone with an association with the game you produce but talk about it and seek attention in lame ways like the above mentioned tweet.

I love how in another tweet he says his blog about the sims turning 18 could be more risqué as it was written for PlayStation. The only risqué (and I use that term loosely) is when he talks about him and another guru acting out a hug to get a romance animation. Unless it's the bit about breastfeeding but I would be surprised as that's hardly what I would describe that as.

If that's what he considers risqué say goodbye to any more romance being added in the sims 4.
Instructor
#6270 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:22 PM

Source

He should make his account private instead of blocking people for no reason so he could approve who gets to follow him. It isn't like he has a million followers or thousands of daily requests. After all if it isn't private you just have to log out to read it if you're blocked ...unless he's baiting and trolling as usual. So I'm assuming he wants them to read it but not be able to talk back in any way. (We also have to remember that the last time EA took away his Simguru account because he can't handle that well talking to players, maybe he isn't even allowed to play this role and can only feed some info to hype people)

Let's just agree to disagree.
Field Researcher
#6271 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 10:05 PM
He should make his account private instead of blocking people for no reason so he could approve who gets to follow him. It isn't like he has a million followers or thousands of daily requests. After all if it isn't private you just have to log out to read it if you're blocked ...unless he's baiting and trolling as usual. So I'm assuming he wants them to read it but not be able to talk back in any way. (We also have to remember that the last time EA took away his Simguru account because he can't handle that well talking to players, maybe he isn't even allowed to play this role and can only feed some info to hype people)

Why did they take away his Sim Guru Account?
Forum Resident
#6272 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Why did they take away his Sim Guru Account?

I don't know either but, judging from "...can't handle that well talking to simmers". I'm going to assume it's because he was being an asshole.

FOR THE HORDE
Test Subject
#6273 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I don't know either but, judging from "...can't handle that well talking to simmers". I'm going to assume it's because he was being an asshole.

Yeah I think it was after the incident with the art style for sims 4, he was not having people bagging on it. Then some other stuff. Hes not good with people who dislike or have comments on the state of sims 4. Its bad PR for EA, not a good look for their employees to get into flame wars with customers. Hes kind of a dick from what Ive seen of him and his interactions.
Scholar
#6274 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:30 AM

I agree. It's like okay, does he enjoy baiting people and then blocking them? If that's the case, then what does that say about him as a person. I find it very troubling that EA doesn't crack down on him. Yes, it's his personal account, but he's bringing work into it on his own, when he shouldn't. Someone like SimGuru Drake should tell that it's not okay what he's doing and that he's upsetting players that haven't done anything to him to warrant blocking.

I say if you don't want trouble in your life, stop inviting it in. He's creating a bit of a PR nightmare and he brought it all on himself.
Field Researcher
#6275 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maddy69110
Yeah I think it was after the incident with the art style for sims 4, he was not having people bagging on it. Then some other stuff. Hes not good with people who dislike or have comments on the state of sims 4. Its bad PR for EA, not a good look for their employees to get into flame wars with customers. Hes kind of a dick from what Ive seen of him and his interactions.

He doesn’t come across well in live streams. I dislike any with him a part of it. I don’t like the way he speaks to people.

You think though that since he doesn’t want annoyed by Simmers on twitter he could as already said just put his account on private.
Locked thread
Page 251 of 447