Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10751 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 11:49 AM
I think I can understand why, if word got round that the Capps were going to a certain holiday destination, everyone else might decide to stay away! Juliette and Hermia are likely to say I'm being unfair to their family, but I suspect that, in their hearts, even they can understand what I'm talking about!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10752 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
TV channel I know they can, and some of my sims do it regularly (I have all the EPs SPs). Stereo stations I don't monitor that much, so can't tell you/

Thanks. I wonder if there's a way to disable that on community lots.
Inventor
#10753 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Thanks. I wonder if there's a way to disable that on community lots.

Will this work? I haven't used this in a while (don't have too many TVs) but it seems to be the latest version: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7320.0.html
Mad Poster
#10754 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Will this work? I haven't used this in a while (don't have too many TVs) but it seems to be the latest version: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7320.0.html

Thanks, but that one turns off autonomy entirely. I just want it for comm lots.
Lab Assistant
#10755 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:33 PM
Does anyone know of a mod confirmed functional as of Cats and Dogs to remove the 8 sim per household limit? I really, really don't want to have to install MCCC.

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Mad Poster
#10756 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alrunia
Does anyone know of a mod confirmed functional as of Cats and Dogs to remove the 8 sim per household limit? I really, really don't want to have to install MCCC.

This is the Sims 2 forum. Our EP is called "Pets" and the bigger households mod works fine with it. I think you want Sims 4, down the hall. I hope you can find what you want.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#10757 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This is the Sims 2 forum. Our EP is called "Pets" and the bigger households mod works fine with it. I think you want Sims 4, down the hall. I hope you can find what you want.
oh jeez how did I even do that? sorry sorry!

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Scholar
#10758 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 8:00 PM
If my Jonesi bed blanket assorted items commonly say "Item not designable" after I've placed them and want to recolor them, what am I doing wrong?

I've just done a pretty thorough attempt to weed out duplicate meshes.
Mad Poster
#10759 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:50 PM
@natboopsie Turns out I don't have 1.1. Not sure how that happened since I'm pretty sure I did not download it before september 2014, but ah well! Good to know Squinge already fixed it, no need for me to upload mine.

Couldn't find the code for how the influence interaction itself, but from tests I can say that in my game having started the term paper is not required, but it seems a maxis computer is. In the first test the interaction repeatedly just had no effect, until I added a maxis computer then it did succeed. When I tried again with a different Sim, having both a maxis computer and a custom one, the influenced Sim used the custom one to write the term paper. Not interested enough to keep testing to figure it out

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10760 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
If my Jonesi bed blanket assorted items commonly say "Item not designable" after I've placed them and want to recolor them, what am I doing wrong?

I've just done a pretty thorough attempt to weed out duplicate meshes.

You do have the bed blanket itself in your game (just checking)? Since all those things are slaves, you'll need the master.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10761 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 11:08 PM
Home business ACT like community lots, with all the people coming; but they aren't community lots, so you can't take a sim there. Can you! WHY NOT!!!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10762 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 1:25 AM
If you are playing the home business you can teleport them in, I have done that with Christianlov's Transport Mirror. I then trade, something from their inventory for something in the sims shop. The wallet token controller might also work. Or try a regular teleporter and see if you can show them the item. No way is great, but its about the best you can do.

Also there is CH visit neighbours mod. That might be worth a try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#10763 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 1:50 AM
spellbook/cauldron; would the free ones be just the first time sim becomes a witch/warlock? or would the sim get extra free ones after witchery is cured?

when top floor/floors is/are (and all content is) removed, game can still access such floors. is there a way to correct that?
Forum Resident
#10764 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:28 AM
is it possible to...make a custom hidden lot sim? like instead of the witch doctor, I'll have a female witch instead?
I'm aiming to make a village bruja/witch or a rumored mountain spirit that only the benevolent can find

but if it's not possible, I can always just make a regular sim, and the lot won't be hidden =))
Forum Resident
#10765 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 4:53 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 24th Nov 2017 at 1:14 AM. Reason: if at first you just sound like you're babbling, try, try again...
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@natboopsie Turns out I don't have 1.1. Not sure how that happened since I'm pretty sure I did not download it before september 2014, but ah well!

(the below section has been totally revamped to make it more clear, since I'm now linking to this post in my signature and don't want to confuse folks who come in without having been reading along from earlier with the thread)

OK, I've tracked down the issue that's causing all the confusion: even today, the version of the AL Mega College Pack offered for download *still contains the outdated (2006!) version of Squinge's College Interactions on Any Lot!* Although Squinge fixed the CIAL mod in 2014 so that Influence...Write Term Paper would work for main-hood-uni sims, he never re-uploaded a version of the Mega College Pack that also included that fixed version of CIAL.

Therefore, everyone who simply downloaded and installed the Mega College Pack, even if they downloaded it after 10 September 2014, still doesn't have the fix. Their main-hood YAs still can't Influence...Write Term Paper.

To get back that functionality, you must download the freestanding version of CIAL (offered on that same page that I linked to at the start of this post) and then manually use it to replace the older version of CIAL that came inside your Mega College Pack (CIAL has always been required to make the Mega College Pack work).

How did so many of us miss that? Easy: it's typical that when a modder provides an update to one mod, they also update any Packs they released previously which also include and depend on that mod. Most of us probably figured Squinge did that for the MCP when he made his fix to CIAL. And it's reasonable to assume that Squinge probably did mean to. Except for some reason, he never actually got it done.

That explains why there have continued to be reports the last few years that the Influence...Write Term Paper interaction is still broken with the MCP. Squinge really did update to fix the interaction, but most of us never got the update. Those who downloaded the MCP after 2014 especially have never had any reason to suspect we never got the fix.

Fortunately, now that it's clear what happened, we can all easily fix our own MCPs.

(I don't have an account at Insimenator.org, but is there someone who can let Squinge know about this problem too? From the way Squinge comes across as a creator, I'm guessing he'll want to fix the Pack version, or at least add a note to that page so all downloaders of the MCP will know what they need to do: manually discard the CIAL version that comes with the MCP and replace it with the updated, freestanding CIAL version on the same page.)

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Couldn't find the code for how the influence interaction itself, but from tests I can say that in my game having started the term paper is not required, but it seems a maxis computer is. In the first test the interaction repeatedly just had no effect, until I added a maxis computer then it did succeed. When I tried again with a different Sim, having both a maxis computer and a custom one, the influenced Sim used the custom one to write the term paper. Not interested enough to keep testing to figure it out

Thank you for your testing!

OK, I think you mean you were testing using the version of Squinge's mod you fixed on your own (before you knew about v. 1.1)? So I'm guessing you mean you tested in the main hood. And then if I understand correctly...you found that a Maxis computer is required *on the lot* for the interaction to complete, but once a Maxis computer *is* on the same lot, then the influenced sim can successfully use any computer, Maxis or cc, to actually write the other sim's term paper?

Please let me know if I didn't get that right.

Because if so, I'm still not sure it's true a Maxis computer is required---because of the start-term-paper vs. no-starting-needed thing. You see, like Devon Aster (thanks again for your help, Devon---it's turning out to provide ongoing food for thought and testing, which is even more awesome), I usually have Monique's computers, and often only Monique's computers, all over uni hoods. (Yes, I know I've just jumped back to on-campus situations, but bear with me...) Therefore...I'm wondering whether the only way to enable influencing another sim to write a term paper *on a Monique computer* is to have started it first,...whereas (kick)starting it that way isn't necessary if you're using a Maxis computer. Hm!

But you said you're done with testing, understandably. I'll make a note to myself to check that last bit out...er, next year, when I'm back to my game.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Forum Resident
#10766 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:15 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:39 PM.
Sorry to double-post, but since my last post was long and involved and on a totally different topic...

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I always have my vacationing sims spend their first whole day at the hotel too, but I think that's a different issue. The person Cyjon was replying to was making their own tourists and having trouble getting them to appear in the game. JDacapo isn't making her own tourists. She just wants her game to automatically spawn them by itself and it isn't doing that for some reason.

Thanks for letting me know I needed to clarify my cite! You're right, I wasn't clear.

The reason I didn't quote JDacapo when I commented was intentional (but totally not anything personal---hi, JDacapo!). It was because I'd read her post and knew that I don't know enough about the tourist-spawning process/requirements to talk about it. But I thought that it was possible that Lamare's game (because she mentioned having pulled out her no-respawn mods, to no avail) actually *had* created tourists that just weren't showing up at the hotels. And that's why the specific Cyjon post that I linked to seemed worth mentioning---because it was never obvious to me that you'd need to give the game that much time to populate your hotels, even if you had tourists. And...when I first started playing BV with empty templates, I thought, based on hotels being empty, that I had no tourists, until I tried going to vacation community lots and realized I did.

But I didn't really come out and say that, did I? Sorry for overlooking that!

Thanks for sharing about the process of getting tourists to generate when there really are none, though! Interesting thing to keep in mind. I don't know why I haven't yet had that problem, but considering how the game works, I imagine at some point I will and will be glad to remember what you said.

And JDacapo...wishing you luck with getting those tourists going. Wouldn't it be funny if it could just turn out that your destination had forgotten to fund its tourism promotions for the season? (And in that case, maybe even funnier if all the hotels start looking a little run-down, or their restaurants understaffed, due to it being so slow and unprofitable...OK, maybe only I would think that funny in my game!)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
just a girl
#10767 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:55 PM
Thanks, natboopsie. I get it now. Cyjon says noon - I think I would hang out at hotels till noon at least sometimes, but then I don't remember, so it might be it.
Mad Poster
#10768 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
OK, I think you mean you were testing using the version of Squinge's mod you fixed on your own (before you knew about v. 1.1)? So I'm guessing you mean you tested in the main hood. And then if I understand correctly...you found that a Maxis computer is required *on the lot* for the interaction to complete, but once a Maxis computer *is* on the same lot, then the influenced sim can successfully use any computer, Maxis or cc, to actually write the other sim's term paper?

Please let me know if I didn't get that right.

Because if so, I'm still not sure it's true a Maxis computer is required---because of the start-term-paper vs. no-starting-needed thing. You see, like Devon Aster (thanks again for your help, Devon---it's turning out to provide ongoing food for thought and testing, which is even more awesome), I usually have Monique's computers, and often only Monique's computers, all over uni hoods. (Yes, I know I've just jumped back to on-campus situations, but bear with me...) Therefore...I'm wondering whether the only way to enable influencing another sim to write a term paper *on a Monique computer* is to have started it first,...whereas (kick)starting it that way isn't necessary if you're using a Maxis computer. Hm!

But you said you're done with testing, understandably. I'll make a note to myself to check that last bit out...er, next year, when I'm back to my game.

Yes, I used my own fixed version, but that doesn't matter. Does the same thing as 1.1. I don't think my tests can really say here or there on whether or not a maxis computer is required. And I don't think the kickstart has anything to do with maxis or not. I'll list the circumstances for my tests to explain.

Test 1 - Apartment unit, maxis computers on a different floor in communal area. Only Monique's computer inside the apartment unit. Sim A had started her term paper, it was at 1%. She influenced a visiting YA to write her term paper. It fell out of queue. After three attempts I replaced the CC computer with a maxis one, and the next attempt to influence did work.

Test 2 - Same unit, so maxis PCs in communal area, one maxis pc in the unit and two cc computers (Monique's) in the unit. Sim B influenced Sim A to write term paper. He had not started his term paper yet. Sim A started writing it on one of the CC computers on the first attempt.

To me that says results may vary, and to really draw any conclusions more testing is required, in a less jumbled environment.

Alchemist
#10769 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 7:45 PM
repeated questions.

spellbook/cauldron; would the free ones be just the first time sim becomes a witch/warlock? or could the sim get extra free ones after witchery is cured?

when top floor/floors is/are (and all content is) removed, game can still access such floors. is there a way to correct that?
Mad Poster
#10770 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
Thanks for letting me know I needed to clarify my cite! You're right, I wasn't clear.

... And that's why the specific Cyjon post that I linked to seemed worth mentioning---because it was never obvious to me that you'd need to give the game that much time to populate your hotels, even if you had tourists. And...when I first started playing BV with empty templates, I thought, based on hotels being empty, that I had no tourists, until I tried going to vacation community lots and realized I did.

But I didn't really come out and say that, did I? Sorry for overlooking that!

Thanks for the clarification. The game can take an annoyingly long time to make tourists check into the hotel. It gives a message fairly early after your playables check in about "tourists are now starting to check into your hotel" or something like that, but the first one doesn't check in until quite some time later. The game then very slowly populates your hotel. I think the tourists work like dormies in University - one room gets claimed every hour until all of them are taken. If your sims are staying at a large hotel with a lot of rooms, this can take quite a long time. This is another reason why it's a good idea to have your sims stay at the hotel and not visit other lots until the next morning - it allows the game to finish populating all the other hotel rooms.

Thanks for sharing about the process of getting tourists to generate when there really are none, though! Interesting thing to keep in mind. I don't know why I haven't yet had that problem, but considering how the game works, I imagine at some point I will and will be glad to remember what you said.

You're welcome. I'm just glad that it's (usually) such a simple fix.
Theorist
#10771 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:27 PM
I have 2 houses that are identical. I built them in and they've never been lived in. They have the exact same stuff, just mirrored, and a few items I changed color, but still same items. So how in the world are they NOT the same price? It's not even a little they're off but almost 2500 .... uuuughhhh.

I have gone over and over both houses and I can't find anything that is different, that maybe I changed in one and didn't in the other. I don't get it and am ready to pull my hair out, that is if that wouldn't hurt more :P

How do I figure out what's causin the price variance?

(While this is sorta a rant, I really am stumped and lookin for some ideas)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#10772 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 11:22 PM
I know! that was something that was bothering me here while back too @grammapat maybe with Chris Hatch's visit a neighbor?
Theorist
#10773 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have 2 houses that are identical. I built them in and they've never been lived in. They have the exact same stuff, just mirrored, and a few items I changed color, but still same items. So how in the world are they NOT the same price? It's not even a little they're off but almost 2500 .... uuuughhhh.

I have gone over and over both houses and I can't find anything that is different, that maybe I changed in one and didn't in the other. I don't get it and am ready to pull my hair out, that is if that wouldn't hurt more :P

How do I figure out what's causin the price variance?

(While this is sorta a rant, I really am stumped and lookin for some ideas)

So no one knows huh?

I did 2 more identical mirrored houses and they also were off in price. This is all so very confusing *perplexed look*
Mad Poster
#10774 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 12:22 PM
Are you sure they're on identical sized lots?
Mad Poster
#10775 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 1:12 PM
Did you recolor any objects using the swatch tool? I seem to recall that affecting the price, but I could be wrong. Pretty sure there is something like that, that you think shouldn't matter because there is no budget, but that does affect the price.

Page 431 of 1339