Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 11:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My retexture exporter gone accidently wrong

Hi guys! I finally kinda learn that I retexture via DDS texture exporter and with SimPe! But I got a problem here..

I accidently click on "not show dialog (DDS file save)" then save, it become upside down and I have not figured how to fix it.

I have tried reinstall Photoshop, NVidia texture exporter and DDS plug-in but it's still upside down... I don't know what to do..

Can you guys help me and have tips for me? I would be so appreciated!

(I have Adobe Photoshop 2020 and NVidia Graphic card)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 11:36 PM
(I can't see anything in the picture you've posted - it's showing as black with some dark grey scribbles, so can't tell if it's upside down or not, or what it's meant to show)

Reinstalling probably won't help. Most likely you're using the wrong settings for the DDS file export. Can you take a screenshot of the settings you're currently using for the export from PS?

Also, do you mean the texture itself flips upside down when you export it, or that the texture on the object turns out upside down when using a right-side up texture? Asking because the latter one is more likely to be an UVmapping issue.

Depending on the project, it's fine to use a PNG file, too. If there's no transparency, you can use the DXT texturing instead (DXT3 or 5, sharpen: None)