Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:26 PM
I have a 'cheat' solution for this issue. Using the debug mod and the new door lock mod.. Your Hero and npc of choice should be to the point that they will woohoo. Get them to the Hero's house/rooms and lock the door/s. Shift click on npc and choose Set relationship. Choose make spouse. The npc is now a temporary wife instantly. Woohoo until you hear the sweet preggers sound. Leave wife in room. Make sure there is something in there to keep her occupied so that when you unlock the door so that your Hero can leave to tend to responsibilities she doesn't escape.... err... leave right away. Make sure you tend to her food/rest needs as well. Wait until she gives birth and the baby becomes a child. Shift click and choose Set relationship again. Choose make ex-wife. Be friendly and you should get the option 'Let's be Friends' or similar.. Unlock door and let her leave. Voila, Hero has child and is still single.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:56 PM
Thanks- I didn't think of that approach. But now that Jiselle has been born it's not so urgent of an issue. But I might try that next time if he needs another child.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 2:21 AM
I think you may be limited to 4 children. Try it with a hero with no kids?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cowboyghostie
I think you may be limited to 4 children. Try it with a hero with no kids?

He had no children at all. That is why I was trying to get one. There is a mod to allow 6 kids per household as opposed to the 3 that the game limits you to.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Instructor
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 6:14 AM
I've most definitely noticed it, and it sucks majorly. Wish I could track down the code that is causing pregnancy in female NPCs to be disabled.
Instructor
#31 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 2:08 PM
The code is with all the other pregnancy code. I've actually changed it, and made NPC's get pregnant. The real problem it that they have no home outside of a rabbit hole. As soon as the NPC goes to give birth they return to the village and never leave. They still show up in the relationship panel, but sometimes their image has changed. The child never seems to be created.
Scholar
#32 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liamlogan98
My monarch Woohooed with the servant and had a kid. So did my wizard. Maybe only some npcs cant?

Were your Monarch and wizard female?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 4:23 AM
OK, here is the scoop on the npc thing. I have quite a bit of experience with this since I have been concentrating on testing it... there are two ways to do it:
Method #1: Marry the NPC, marriage enables pregnancy... once they are pregnant divorce them and send them away.. if they have a baby let it become a child and then send them both away.
Method #2 is more complex:
As mentioned in one of the comments above it helps to have them locked in the bedroom for this...
(you must have Grim's Core to do these steps)
A) Make the NPC selectable
B) Use self-interaction to set a profession for the NPC
C) Get the new hero pregnant
D) Use self-interaction to retire the new hero from profession, she will become the same NPC she was before. If you want her to be wearing the same outfit she had on before you must do this while she is naked (or in PJ's if you are not using the naked woohoo option)
E) Make the NPC not user selectable again. She will leave and have the baby at her home in the village.
Test Subject
#34 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 8:28 AM
I was controlling the Physician then I remembered that the nurse working with him once asked permission from the Monarch to breed. And then I thought, why not give the nurse what she wanted? I did some romantic interactions until the Physician and the nurse were married and then made them woohoo until the nurse was pregnant (characterized by the "pregnancy success" music playing.) After that, I went to the Jacoban church and divorced her.

Since I always wanted any one of my Heroes to breed with Crone Ghastia, I invited her to the church and did some romantic interactions until they were married at the Jacoban church. After a day or two, Ghastia's baby bump started to show and she's now wearing a different set of clothes but the nurse was still wearing the same clothes but I was convinced her bump's there, too.

Now, the clincher. After Ghastia already gave birth, the nurse had nothing to show for it. It seems like the game aborted the baby after the divorce, which is a bummer for me because I meant for the physician to have a kid who didn't live with him (and who isn't a child of another hero). I'm thinking of doing it again but this time, divorcing the nurse after she's showing visible signs of pregnancy.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 6:45 PM
I'm guessing it's because NPC's all live in the same pokeball called The Village. That's no place to raise babies.
Page 2 of 2