Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:05 PM
Default Origin Required?
I don't have this one, and it looks interesting - but is Origin required to install and run it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I don't have this one, and it looks interesting - but is Origin required to install and run it?

If you have XP, Vista or 7, you can buy the disc versions from Amazon. Your game will update patches from EA automatically as you install it, after that, you don't need to be connected to the internet to play. If you have Windows 8 or later you have to purchase the game through Origin and you have to to sign in to Origin to play it, like with the Sims 4. I've heard that there is a crack for Windows 8, but I don't know if it works.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:04 PM
Well, crap. (I have Windows 10. And I hate Origin.)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Well, crap. (I have Windows 10. And I hate Origin.)

You can have a copy of the game converted into a digital download. You can buy a disc version of The Sims Medieval, and also Pirates and Nobles, then use Origin to register your disc copy, and they will allow you to download the game files to your computer. They ought to work fine, and you will not need to be running Origin when you play.
The link below will explain:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...-and-windows-10

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.