Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 3:49 PM
Faveorite Disney Movie
You all will soon come to realize that i love Disney. In fact, I love animated movies in general.

So I decided to ask and see what everyone's favorite Disney movie. You can include Pixar.

Mine is a tie between Beauty and the Beast and Princes and the Frog.

I'm looking for someone who does Sim requests! I'm in need of Princess of Tiana and Queen Elsa! Help me out!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mockery D.
Mine is a tie between Beauty and the Beast and Princes and the Frog.

i liked beauty and the beast untill...

i just don't like the design of human beast, he looked better in monster form - to me he just looks like Rocky dennis....

i think the princess and the frog is my favourite 2d disney movie, it looked beautiful when i saw it in the cinema - i was 11! whenever its on sky movies ill watch it!
in any movie its extremely hard to love all of the character - in the princess and the frog i found no characters annoying/boring -

i love lottie

she needs her own movie, its really hard to write a rich daddys girl into a movie without making her into a spoilt brat-ling but lottie is just amazing she is like honey boo boo senior! i just cant get enough.

as for tiana and naveen, they are the most developed 2d leads i've seen in a disney princess movie. i loved how they made the realism of 1930s new orleans into something whimsicale and beautiful

i just love the message and its probably the best morale that i've seen in a kids movie for a while.

as for 3d/pixar i'll have to say toy story 2. jessie's song "when she loved me" makes me cry every time.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:00 AM
I hear ya Dr. Vintage. I don't understand why Adam looked so weird! I mean, when he transformed, I wanted him to change back to Beast! Like when Naveen was a frog, he still looked like himself.

I'm so glad to find someone who loves Princess and the Frog. Most people seem to not like it.

I'm looking for someone who does Sim requests! I'm in need of Princess of Tiana and Queen Elsa! Help me out!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:47 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 21st Jun 2014 at 1:19 AM.
Hey - don't leave out the other studios!

In terms of just Disney, I absolutely love Babe, Toy Story, 101 Dalmations - both the animated and people versions, Beauty & The Beast, The Ugly Dashund, The Three Lives of Tomasina, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Homeward Bound. There are many others that I enjoy, but those are the top.

Pixar: Toy Story and Toy Story III , A Bug's Life, and Up. I like most of the others (not all), but those are my favorites.

Dreamworks: The Croods, Shrek, Puss 'n Boots, How to Train Your Dragon I & II, Same as above, I like others, but these are my favorites.

Aardman Animations Wallace & Gromit: A Fine Day Out, The Wrong Trousers, & A Close Shave

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 3:48 AM
Wait, Babe was Disney?

Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mockery D.

I'm so glad to find someone who loves Princess and the Frog. Most people seem to not like it.

its just done so well - how can anyone not like it?!?! oh well - at least its a good send off if its to be the last 2d disney princess movie...

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I absolutely love Babe

Babe is an australian production, i don't know where you got disney from (..ok maybe the talking animals)

anyhow i really liked Babe 2:pig in the city!!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrVintage
Babe is an australian production, i don't know where you got disney from (..ok maybe the talking animals)
Oops! My mistake!

I've heard so many good things about The Princess and The Frog. I really need to see that!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:33 AM
Oops! My mistake!

I've heard so many good things about The Princess and The Frog. I really need to see that!

It really is. I mean, it got three Oscar nominations and starred the first black princess . It's kinda a big deal.

I think the problem is that ever since Frozen came out, all other Disney movies are getting overshadowed

Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:51 AM
in my opinion I felt that frozen was missing something - I just felt like it wasnt quite finished like it was missing the disney magic that made tangled really good

self proclaimed queen of gifs
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:16 PM
The overwhelming popularity of Frozen just baffles me. The best I can explain it is that it had elements that many could connect with emotionally. I really didn't like the way the sisters were drawn. I really hated how the Ice princess played up her sexiness when she was asserting herself in the scenes everyone hails. I didn't like most of the music. Usually, I look forward to Disney productions for their music, but this was outside of their tradition. There were elements that I did enjoy, such as some of the animations with the snow - it felt like a throwback to old Disney, and the characterizations of the snowman and the reindeer. Unlike a lot of people, I enjoyed the trolls and thought they added an interesting element to the story. I also liked the first song when they were cutting the ice (it was like old Disney). I liked that the plot was about the sisters and less of a love story and that the love story within in it had humor.

Tangled was better.

Disney movies aren't the only ones getting overshadowed. Now people are comparing every animated feature unfavorably to Frozen. It's not likely that many, if any, will rival the sales of Frozen.

Inventor
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:25 PM
The Sims 4. period.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:24 PM
The overwhelming popularity of Frozen just baffles me. ... I didn't like most of the music. ....
..... I also liked the first song when they were cutting the ice (it was like old Disney). .

thats what i felt - most of the songs sounded like they were a parody from enchanted - it felt very choppy - it needed one theme (like the first song when cutting the ice )

Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
The Sims 4. period.

thats dreamworks - duh!

Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 6:48 PM
There should be a full-featured Sims movie. I'd watch it.

Theorist
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:01 PM
I'm a big fan of Beauty and the Beast, if for no other reason than Gaston being the single best Disney song ever.

http://youtu.be/QBqt0a8sgWM
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:05 PM
There should be a full-featured Sims movie. I'd watch it.

i dont know if EA could pull off a whole movie in simlish - not unless pixar is involved!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:31 PM
The overwhelming popularity of Frozen just baffles me. The best I can explain it is that it had elements that many could connect with emotionally. I really didn't like the way the sisters were drawn. I really hated how the Ice princess played up her sexiness when she was asserting herself in the scenes everyone hails. I didn't like most of the music. Usually, I look forward to Disney productions for their music, but this was outside of their tradition. There were elements that I did enjoy, such as some of the animations with the snow - it felt like a throwback to old Disney, and the characterizations of the snowman and the reindeer. Unlike a lot of people, I enjoyed the trolls and thought they added an interesting element to the story. I also liked the first song when they were cutting the ice (it was like old Disney). I liked that the plot was about the sisters and less of a love story and that the love story within in it had humor.

Tangled was better.

Disney movies aren't the only ones getting overshadowed. Now people are comparing every animated feature unfavorably to Frozen. It's not likely that many, if any, will rival the sales of Frozen.

I agree. the sisters were like clones. I also really didn't like how they ruined the story of the Snow Queen.

As for sales, we never really know. I mean I was surprised that Frozen was such a big hit. And when I say that, I mean money wise. Not everyone loved it. Heck, some of the crits didn't like it that much either.

Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 5:53 PM
My all-time favorite is The Aristocats. Also really loved Robin Hood and The Jungle Book. For the recent movies, I love Princess and the Frog (2D FTW!) There's a lot from the 90's and after that I haven't even seen yet. How to Train Your Dragon is my favorite 3D movie.
Finally watched Frozen just the other day, and although I enjoyed it, I don't really get all the hype. My favorite part was the trolls
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:16 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 27th Jul 2014 at 12:47 AM.
The Jungle Book was one of my favorites as a kid. I remember my dad taking me to see it in the theater. I loved that song "Bare Necessities". As an adult, my favorite song from that film is now, "I Want to Be Just Like You".

I also liked the trolls in Frozen, and the funny part of that is that people complain about the trolls in the movie all the time. I thought they were interesting and cute!

LOVED HTTYD2. It's Dreamworks, but I think it's fair to discuss all animated films here. Some people just tend to think "Disney" when they think of animated films. The story was exciting, the music was haunting, and the visuals were gorgeous. They built a special program just for this movie that allowed the artists to go back to something closer to hand drawing rather than operating programs. Oh, and my son worked on the film, too, in a technical capacity. I'm so proud of him.

Instructor
#19 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 8:48 AM
Oh god, it's easier for me to name Disney movies that are not my favorites, since I literally love most of them.

My top 5 would probably be:
1) Beauty and The Beast: hands down the best movie Disney has ever made, in my opinion. The magic, the animation, the design, the music, the message. It's just perfection.
2) Aladdin/The Little Mermaid: TLM, what's not to love? Her struggle is real and the songs are amazing. It's a tie with Aladdin, because the genie just cracks me up every time.
3) Pocahontas: not much to laugh here, but this movie always leaves me thinking for a long time about nature and the selfishness of men. Also, super good songs!
4) The Rescuers: not many people like this movie, but I love it! I know every line by heart, and Madame Medusa is my favorite villain ever.
5) Frozen/Tangled: again, a tie. They are both extraordinary movies, but imho CGI kind of sets the bar a liiiiiiiittle lower than hand-drawn animation, so...fifth place.

I love all the other movies too, besides: Dumbo, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland. Not my cup of tea

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:08 PM
The Little Mermaid is my all time favourite Disney movie.

Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, The Rescuers, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin are all up there though, I love Princess and the Frog and I am sad that we have seen the last of 2d animation. It's ageless.

I loved Tangled, though I wasn't a massive fan and I didn't like the songs, it was a good story but the artstyle is meh.

I loved Frozen more than Tangled, I liked the majority of the songs but again the animation style is meh. Not to mention with CGI all the characters look the same, it's hard to make quirky characters when they all have to have big huge round eyes and podgy cheeks.

I like nearly every Disney animation ever released I suppose but the new art styles leave me cold.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:02 AM
I loved Jungle Book and Peter Pan due to their music and humorous scenes. In Jungle Book, I liked the scene where King Louie tries to get Mowgli to start a fire, and the resulting fight scene with Baloo and Bagheera. In Peter Pan? Tick Tock Clock-o-dile scaring Hook cracks me up every time.

I eventually read the books they were based on, and I still enjoy them. I didn't really watch any recent films besides Lion King and Mulan. The latter's message about a loyal daughter stuck out even more to me in recent years. I tried to deconstruct that with one of my sims' "loyalty" to her parents holding her back, as it was mixed with fearfulness.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
#22 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 11:26 PM
The Sword in the Stone and Alice in Wonderland. Can't go wrong with Britain based stories. I used to watch these so many times that I can recite verbatim the lines from both films

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:09 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th Nov 2014 at 1:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DrVintage
(Princess and the Frog) its just done so well - how can anyone not like it?!?! oh well - at least its a good send off if its to be the last 2d disney princess movie...

Too many weird and/or boring songs, and too many weird things done with the plot. I was tired of it already halfway into the second or third song, and by the time it got to the crocodile song or whatever it was, I almost couldn't handle more. I'm just glad none of the songs stuck to my brain (the area in my brain that handles songs tend to be like fly paper if the music is catchy enough, and I can't even remember a single song from there). I wasn't too fond, in other words.

I also agree on the Beauty and the Beast - the movie was good, but the beast should've stayed a beast as he was much prettier than the human version.

I actually skipped a lot of Disney cartoons when I was a kid. Not sure why, but it feels like I've only seen perhaps a third until now. I wasn't too big a fan of princess movies (except for The Little Mermaid). I loved (most of) the third Lion King movie, had Dumbo on constant replay (my goodness, that movie made me cry!), and I really liked Brother Bear, but other than that I've mostly seen the newer ones recently. The Frozen songs got pernanently stuck to my brain, which tends to be a good sign. Meet the Robinsons and Tangled were quite good, and Hercules was fun, along with Pocahontas, Peter Pan, and Lion King and a lot of the other good old classics. The less annoying the songs are, the better I tend to like the movies.

For Pixar, I like most of them, although I haven't seen all the Toy Story movies, Bugs Life or Cars 2. Up and Brave are my favorites, and Monsters (1+2) is a very short step behind. I also love most of their movie shorts, like Gary's Game, Clouds and Presto.

But honestly, I've been a slightly bigger fan of Dreamworks animations than Pixar. I've always liked the small, fun twists and turns that Dreamworks do a tiny bit better than Pixar. Shrek and How to train your Dragon are my favorites. The Pixar movies are a little too good at following the recipe, while Dreamworks often manage to throw in some surprises. I particularly loved their twist on beauty and the beast (Shrek), and the Dragon movies, along with the Penguins (they're awesome!).

As for picking out a Disney/Pixar favorite... that's a tough one. I'm a bigger fan of 3D movies than the 2D ones. I think there's a tie between Up, Frozen, Brave, Incredibles, Monsters, Robinsons and Tangled. My top list of 2D movies would be everything Lilo & Stitch, Brother Bear, Nemo, the Peter Pan movies (particularly the second), and Dumbo, for the sake of nostalgia. I've probably also forgotten a few.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:53 AM
The Little Mermaid :lovestruc And Finding Nemo.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 3:02 PM
I love disney to! And I actually like all the movies, but alle the movies since 89' are my favourites.
Page 1 of 2