Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 10:07 AM
Default Lets do a project
Have you ever heard of Total Conversions? A mod that converts a game into something else entirely with mods?

How about, us Urbz Fans, make a large mod to change the sims 2 into the urbz!

Basically, we do this:

1. Remove all premade npcs and hoods.
2. Make a new hood. Call it UrbzVille.
3. Make all city type lots and districts from the Urbz Console.
4. Make Npcs from The Urbz Console.
5. Change the CAS screen to an urban like place.
6. Change loading screen to the urbz logo.

We, can make the Urbz 2 if we really want to. But it will take fans to do so!

Who wants to help?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 6:33 PM
I am so in! LETS DO IT :D

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 11:54 PM
One of the problems would be to recreate all of their clothing. Now there's a challenge.
And if I knew how to change the loading screen and CAS screen, I would do it

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 2:39 AM
The idea for the CAS screen should be this:

Make it look like an Alleyway. Use an empty lot, but build a dirty, run down, grafitti filled alley with the most ugliest mirror you can find to look at the sim. This would be cool.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:17 AM
I love the idea for the CAS screen, residenteviloutbreak. That is a good idea. It would be soo URBZ. And I would sooo download it. However, I do not know how to change the CAS screen.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eternal Winter
I love the idea for the CAS screen, residenteviloutbreak. That is a good idea. It would be soo URBZ. And I would sooo download it. However, I do not know how to change the CAS screen.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=47150
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:28 AM
Alright, I'll give it a go...Soon, I hope. I gotta figure out the rest, and shizz. I guess I'll be downloading a lot of stuffs for the game lol Thank you, residenteviloutbreak :D

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:47 AM
Ill work on the template for the hood asap in Simcity 4 and post pictures and get feedback from you and daniandan and make any changes you guys would like to see. When thats done ill export it to the sims 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 3:50 AM
Alright! I am seriously...Like getting really excited...I feel like squealing >.> Hehehehe

Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 5:43 AM
I just found this site
http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com.au/...ersions-by.html
This person has made some Urbz clothing conversions

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 9:27 AM
Sadly there The Sims 3 only. But very good either way.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 7:22 PM
I agree, but there are people that make those conversions for the Sims 2. And that would make the less of clothes we would have to do. I mean, seriously. I really really really want Scary Mary's outfit. I love her look. I usually made my Urb have her clothes

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 10:57 PM
I could help create lots, if so desired.. With Open For Business and maybe Apartment Life or something it might be possible to recreate Diamond Heights, and perhaps the 3 ingame Urb apartments (41st, Blackthorn & Darius' Penthouse)
It's a ambitious conversion. Maybe later I'll grab AnyGame and check out what I can do with The Sims 2 furniture..
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 3:27 AM
I think the apartments will be the easiest. But Diamond Heights, may be a little harder. Cozmo Street could be easy to make. My wife is trying her hardest to get the lots just right. I am sure we can do this. That would be awesome, more stuff to do. But the sad part, we couldn't have the group of people living on the Community Lot. Sadness

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 3:51 AM
Maybe a little bit of room could be put aside in Cozmo Heights for like a little Black Eyed Peas apartment, or something? Intriguing..
Scholar
#16 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:18 AM
this really souns intresting but hard at the same time,i might help if i can

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr