Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 7:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets
Default Custom Content
I'm SO SORRY if this has been done before, but I'm seriously so confused I feel like I could cry.

All my custom content is gone -- deleted. I'm trying to get new ones to put in my game, but when I check to see if they're there, they aren't. They're enabled, also, so they should show up, but they don't. I'm trying to follow what it says on here, but I just can't.

I really want to play Nightlife, but the Sims isn't anything without custom content. PLEASE HELP. I really really need it. Yes, I have the Sim File Maid 2, that's what I use to put the files into my game, if that's the problem, please tell me.

I have the color thing installed, and SimPE, plus the hack/custom content cleaner.

Just.. someone help me, please.

Thank you.

<3 Emily

'GET OFF MY LAWN.'
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 7:15 PM
Emily, if its hair, eyes, makeup and other Body Shop type things that aren't showing, remove them from your "downloads" and put them into your "Saved Sims" folder. Thats what worked on my sis' game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 7:18 PM
I will try that, thank you!

'GET OFF MY LAWN.'
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:40 AM
Also.. remember after you enable the custom objects.. they won't show. You have to enable them, log into a house you don't play, save, then exit the game and reboot the game. Then when you come back into the game.. the objects are usually there.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:55 AM
You don't have to go into a house.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happygolucky
Also.. remember after you enable the custom objects.. they won't show. You have to enable them, log into a house you don't play, save, then exit the game and reboot the game. Then when you come back into the game.. the objects are usually there.

Where did you learn that you had to go into the lot and then not save and then restart the game? Because I don't think that's true and I agree with Jax that you don't have to go into the house.
Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
Where did you learn that you had to go into the lot and then not save and then restart the game? Because I don't think that's true and I agree with Jax that you don't have to go into the house.

You are right Daysies. You can enable the custom content, then exit the game and restart. You don't have to go into a house or anything. Just restarting is enough.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 9:05 PM
if you have a global hack just paste over it again with new version or same version and all your stuff should show up it did for me.

Signatures cannot exceed 4 lines.