Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 7:29 PM
Default Keyboard Keeps Auto-Creating +'s
Third post, yeah, I know, saw it coming. I have a pretty old Fujitsu computer, without the original mouse and monitor, but the PC and keyboard are outdated. I have to put my finger in a hole (which seems very sexual) to turn it on, and today, the keyboard is practically bricked.

A few days ago, Free Avast Protection ran aground, and now I have considerably less protection. So I go on the internet, when I notice that my keyboard was creating +s for some reason. I realised I was not behind it, so I began frantically Googling for help. I got worried it was a virus, so I scanned it with the scanner Avast left behind. Nothing. I then go on the Sims 2, bearing in mind, this is my main Sims 2 Computer, and after around half an hour, while I was placing windows, the game suddenly zooms in, and stays like that until I quickly saved and quitted. Do I need a new keyboard? Help me, I really think the keyboard is behind it all.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 9:09 PM
Did you type that post out on the same keyboard? Because it doesn't look like there's a plethora of plus signs.

Is the key stuck? If you press it, does it go up and down normally, or is it completely down?

If you hook up another computer to the same keyboard, does the same problem happen with the plus signs?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 1:01 AM
And also - next time it's happening, if you unplug the keyboard, does it stop?

You could try popping off the + key to clean underneath it. And if that doesn't help or goes wrong, sounds like it might be time for a new $5 keyboard from your local cheap and cheery supermarket.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Did you type that post out on the same keyboard? Because it doesn't look like there's a plethora of plus signs.

Nope, typed on my tablet.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 8:24 PM
Hopefully, construction of a new computer will be underway soon. Turns out, unplugging the keyboard was all I needed to do. Still getting new keyboard, its pretty old.