Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:07 PM
Default Watching TV from an angle
I swore there was a mod out there that let sims sit somewhere other than straight in front and be able to watch tv. Does anyone know if it's out there somewhere?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 8:54 PM
I do not use nay hacks, provided the TV is not at too great an angle in relation to the sofa - your sims should still be able to watch TV. (I tried it in game now. I placed the TV two grid blocks to the side of the sofa and they were able to watch without any problems.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:07 PM
I know that works, but what I wanted was where the tv wasn't "in front" of the couch at all, but on another side, so the Sim would have to turn their head to watch, if that makes any sense.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:18 AM
The only mod similar to this that I'm aware of is the Sit on Floor to Watch TV @ Insimenator.

I have not seen a mod that lets your sims watch tv while using couches placed on the sides yet.

If anyone does know where a mod like this is, they'll post.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 5:56 AM
Pretty much I just wanted to know if there was some way to get a better result after using the 45 degree rotation cheat, though thanks for the link to that mod. Very useful!
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 5:58 AM
I have a tv at 45 angle and the sims sit on the floor to watch. If your couch is also at a 45 angle they'll sit on the couch but not with one at 45 and one at 90

YYURYYUBICURYY4ME
"Well educated but BROKE!!!"
Look for new series "Living in Paradise" Dec 06
and the return of "Alstaria Heights" in Jan 07
Space Pony
#7 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:11 PM
I hate how when the couch or chairs facing the TV is full, everyone else just stands in front of the seated Sims instead of sitting in the chairs/sofas that are not facing the TV but are to the left or right of the TV
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sierradane
I hate how when the couch or chairs facing the TV is full, everyone else just stands in front of the seated Sims instead of sitting in the chairs/sofas that are not facing the TV but are to the left or right of the TV

I realize this is old, but I was wondering if anything new has popped up for this?
I want to place couches at angles, or put in L shaped couches, but the sims won't sit on the couch on the side, and rather stand in front of the other sims watching! It's really freaking annoying.