Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:51 PM
One of my Sims had half his backyard burn up before I realized that the rain had stopped before it'd put out the initial fire. Cyjon, I think it is, has a mod that refuses the amount of fires.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 8:03 PM
Isa-WP, I know...
I could have done a lot of things but I didn't know the game that well back then and I, also, never expected such a thing to happen! First thing I could have done, though, would be to quit without save to avoid losing one of my favourite sims but I couldn't think straight during the "crisis"! I know a lot of players like fires or watching their sims die but I can't do that! It's one of the reasons I was so bad at playing the sims 2 in the beginning: I don't feel comfortable when things beyond my control happen and in the sims 2 it's much easier to lose control over your sims than it is for the sims 3 (I played the sims 3 first and then the sims 2!). In the sims 3 you just delete the save and start a new one, in the sims 2 you have to restart the whole hood but I'm getting better in doing so, over the years
Instructor
#78 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 1:27 AM Last edited by sailorleontine6 : 18th Jun 2018 at 2:59 PM.
you know: some things reminds me so much of myself by saying some stuff about raining, fires and thunders, i had them once too especially when i just like started playing the sims 2

i remembered playing sims 2 with a household: gulcin burkan (i tried to make my old schoolmate back by then because my sister asked me for that when i was younger)
i wasn't been that good with all of the things when i played sims 2 for the first time, i only knew what fun's and hunger mean, the rest of them was so new to me

i didn't knew what to do with energy, comfort's, bladder', social, enviroment and hygiëne thank god my sister explained a bit back by then she also played sims 2 once,
it was once in my family, most cousin's played that game when they were teenagers they are all in the twenty's. i learned to talk to other neighboorhoods in the sims 2
i even learned how to buy the chair into the house with the help from my sister

i was so confussed with all of the stuff when i was 12 (by that age when i first played the sims 2) i even buyed the plants and the other thing in the garden you had to take care of

i remember i took bad care of the plants because they were about to die or i gave it a bit too much water, i remember it correctly, i didn't had any food in the fridge to make food
my sister checked that gulcin sim once in a while and took care of it after she found out that gulcin woman was out of the food, plants and other stuff

she typed a cheat called: Maxmotives to get everything on green in no time, and i was like: how did she do that since i wanted that cheat too that woman didn't found a love man to tried to have a baby with, she was all alone all the time in a house, she got a job though (i don't know in which one) and later on buyed a pet to take care of it but that wasn't Always that good too

she had to clean up the house after the dog pissed at the floor (i don't remember the name of the pet though) the dog also got the job eventually thank god my sister was there to check out the sims :P
at the end they died peacefully without any pains, after that i make a Household with the last name spuij (that's the dutch last name but i never looked the meaning of that, however i tried to make my cousin and her parents there)

and of course the 2 grave's was in there so it was an haunted house in there back by then that gulcin woman hided somewhere close to the kitchen, and my cousin got scared there at the sims
however my sister moved out a while later so we stopped playing sims 2 there so i don't know if her ex boyfriend deleted the sims 2 game or not

but your mistakes reminds me a bit of mine and also without cc's/hacks and other stuff, i'm also a lot better in the sims 2 too (oh yeah i almost forget i was also bad at cleaning the house too because the house was a mess at the end)

when i played sims 2 alone i let some sims die from drowning (i forgot to put the stairs from the swimming-pool) but also from fire & hunger, one of the sims also once died from a satelite
i was once so f*cked up from the sims 2 but i'm a lot better from the sims 2 now, i downloaded some hacks and i use the cheatcode's more often

i just hope tons of sims households forgive's me for letting them die with difference ways
Instructor
#79 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
you know: some things reminds me so much of myself by saying some stuff about raining, fires and thunders, i had them once too especially when i just like started playing the sims 2

i remembered playing sims 2 with a household: gulcin burkan (i tried to make my old schoolmate back by then because my sister asked me for that when i was younger)
i wasn't been that good with all of the things when i played sims 2 for the first time, i only knew what fun's and hunger mean, the rest of them was so new to me

i didn't knew what to do with energy, comfort's, bladder', social, enviroment and hygiëne thank god my sister explained a bit back by then she also played sims 2 once,
it was once in my family, most cousin's played that game when they were teenagers they are all in the twenty's. i learned to talk to other neighboorhoods in the sims 2
i even learned how to buy the chair into the house with the help from my sister

i was so confussed with all of the stuff when i was 12 (by that age when i first played the sims 2) i even buyed the plants and the other thing in the garden you had to take care of

i remember i took bad care of the plants because they were about to die or i gave it a bit too much water, i remember it correctly, i didn't had any food in the fridge to make food
my sister checked that gulcin sim once in a while and took care of it after she found out that gulcin woman was out of the food, plants and other stuff

she typed a cheat called: Maxmotives to get everything on green in no time, and i was like: how did she do that since i wanted that cheat too that woman didn't found a love man to tried to have a baby with, she was all alone all the time in a house, she got a job though (i don't know in which one) and later on buyed a pet to take care of it but that wasn't Always that good too

she had to clean up the house after the dog pissed at the floor (i don't remember the name of the pet though) the dog also got the job eventually thank god my sister was there to check out the sims :P
at the end they died peacefully without any pains, after that i make a Household with the last name spuij (that's the dutch last name but i never looked the meaning of that, however i tried to make my cousin and her parents there)

and of course the 2 grave's was in there so it was an haunted house in there back by then that gulcin woman hided somewhere close to the kitchen, and my cousin got scared there at the sims
however my sister moved out a while later so we stopped playing sims 2 there so i don't know if her ex boyfriend deleted the sims 2 game or not

but your mistakes reminds me a bit of mine and also without cc's/hacks and other stuff, i'm also a lot better in the sims 2 too (oh yeah i almost forget i was also bad at cleaning the house too because the house was a mess at the end)

when i played sims 2 alone i let some sims die from drowning (i forgot to put the stairs from the swimming-pool) but also from fire & hunger, one of the sims also once died from a satelite
i was once so f*cked up from the sims 2 but i'm a lot better from the sims 2 now, i downloaded some hacks and i use the cheatcode's more often

i just hope tons of sims households forgive's me for letting them die with difference ways

by the way i just speak dutch and english (duh or else i wouldn't have typed that if i couldn't speak english )
so i don't understand turkish, japanese or whatever even though when i give them the (last) name after a japanese or turkish one
Mad Poster
#80 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Thinking Drama Acres was going to be another throwaway experimental hood.
I thought similarly about Veronaville when I first opened it and created Andrew and Gloria. (It was the first thing I did in the game apart from the tutorial.) But I fell hopelessly in love with both of them within about 2 Sim hours of starting to play. Today I'm still playing them, and love them both to bits! :lovestruc
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
...It took me more than 2 weeks to play the sims 2 again...
...But no hack can take away what I felt during that fire and everytime I play Natasha Una I still ask her to forgive me for ending her life so untimely just because I didn't know how to play the game in the right way...
@natbsim75 you did well playing again after two weeks! If something like that had happened in my early game, I might have uninstalled the game and never touched it again. I don't play computer games to have my heart broken! I was extremely lucky: I think some guardian angel must have watched over my Sims till I learned how to play. I have the unusual distinction here of never yet having seen a Sim die. I just cannot relate to how some players can find the death of a Sim funny. The circumstances surrounding a death may funny, but for me the death itself will always be a cause for sadness and regret. TS2 Sims are so lifelike that I think of them almost as real people. Reading of the death of Sims in other people's games causes me sadness; the death of any of my own would hit me more, especially if it were the premature of a young Sim with their life before them. And if one of my "special" Sims were to die (I won't tempt fate by naming them, but I think many of you can guess who I mean) I fear I'd take it like a real bereavement. I don't know what I'll do till it happens, but I suspect I wouldn't try to bring them back; more likely I'd just try to accept their passing like I have to do for real life friends. So, while they're alive, I'll do all I can to keep them safe and happy. I don't want to be placing flowers on their graves.

So don't feel bad about mourning the loss of a much-loved Sim -- you're not the only one. It's all too easy to form a close bond to a Sim -- Maxis did such a good job of making them like real people. Possibly it's also a pity that they made it all too easy to accidentally kill them.

As for the biggest mistake I ever made in TS2, you'll never get me to admit that buying the game was a mistake. So I'll say my biggest mistake was when I deleted the Smythe sisters just after I created them in CAS. I deleted them because I'd forgotten to make them sisters before I saved them in CAS. And I immediately made them again (this time remembering to make them sisters). I already knew it was a Bad Thing to delete Sims, but somehow it didn't really feel like deleting Sims, more like just cancelling the last step. But I had deleted them. And I made two unlinked Sims in the process. That's two more to add to the 55 that Maxis had unlinked. So did I really make it much worse than it was already? Well, I'm still playing the 'hood 5 years later -- and it's where my favourite Sims live. So maybe I've got away with it. Errr. . .Sort of!

P.S. I use Squinge's No More Fires mod (available from insimenator.org) to keep my Sims 100% safe from fire.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:37 AM
Moving a family across neighborhoods because the game manual and the game's buttons said you COULD.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smellincoffee
Moving a family across neighborhoods because the game manual and the game's buttons said you COULD.

OUCH.
Right now I feel so lucky I'm the type that mainly plays old games and reads up on bugs and the like before playing. I could avoid most of the possible-but-highly-inadvisable stuff.
Instructor
#83 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:56 PM
i remember my other mistake in the past

i was a failure when it comes to throwing a party (birthday party, just a party and other stuff) because they did their own stuff or some sims became an enemy
so the party was more then just worse

and by that time i didn't knew how to make food for everyone, especially when you run out of the food
i had to order food but it was so hard with sims who were all hungry
Field Researcher
#84 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:36 AM
Actually, that's a thing that I did in The Sims: I bought a fridge, oven, counter and sink for them and for a few sim days I had no idea why they kept taking out these drinks instead of preparing a good meal...
Switching from The Sims to The Sims 2 was hard because 2 focuses much more on social interacting and wish fulfilment, I had the hardest time keeping motives and aspiration up. For a popularity sim I made, I kept throwing party after party without really knowing what made a party successful in 2 and without realizing there are better ways to keep up aspiration. I was also used to having to keep all the needs high from The Sims... not that necessary in The Sims 2.
Forum Resident
#85 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:08 AM
I just lost 2 weeks of playing, including an apartment lot I built. I backed up a hood in SimPE, then opened a neighborhood, then had SimPE crash, so I put the back-up back in and discovered the back-up was corrupted and nothing will load properly. Not the worst-ever, but hoods getting borked is never good.
Test Subject
#86 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
oh yeah when i was younger i also remembered i tried to make large public with clothes shopping, to buy food (idk how that's called anymore though since i'm dutch)
to buy a pet (pet shopping) to go to the restaurants, making toilets's to men's and women's and however but i totally forgot to save it up once in a while,

so when i was finally done to build a all in one thing my sims stopped working and quit, when i started it up i checked if it was save but uhm yeah you know the results,
it was all gone, it turned out i didn't saved it up while it took me 3 hours or something to get this done with the building and all, i was very angry and sad at the same time

and even if i did maked something small, a school or something it turned out i didn't had this lot in public, so the sim(s) could move in because it was a residental/living area all this whole time

i will NEVER make this mistake ever again with the 2 of them

When I first started playing this game on my old computer I was having the same issues. I could spend hours on building a mansion to then lose all my hard work due to my computer shutting down. (probably from overheating or whatever) At some point this made me paranoid enough to save my games very often. I used to even save it when I went searching for a snack or whenever I needed to go to the toilet. Shame that it took me so long to learn it, probably because it usually happened after 4 or 5 hours of non stop playing.

Another stupid thing of mine, which isn't really a big mistake, just something really embarrasing to think about now. My sister helped me create my first sim ever, Miketje Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiima (little Mike, name was her idea) and I remember building his house. I loved putting low fences around walking paths and flower beds and at some point I could place any fence no more. And instead of thinking that all my money was gone I just thought I had run out of fences. Woops, I feel stupid about my younger self
Mad Poster
#87 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:17 PM
And when Sims would do something weird, and LOOK at me... and I thought the game was sending information about what I was doing to ...somewhere. And I would shut the game off in a panic. Spies. EVERYWHERE!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smellincoffee

Yep, I did that. Moved the Brokes over to Riverblossom Hills.
I also deleted all the premades in Veronaville because it was obvious you "could" (the ability to move them to the bin and then click on the trash can...!). However my Veronaville is still going strong after numerous years (I've lost count).
Page 4 of 4