Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 10:54 PM
Default Edit names of downloaded lots
I'm trying to figure out how I can (hopefully) rename and add detail lots I've downloaded so they don't show up in my library as "Lot Name" with no info. I know I can edit the info once I've placed it somewhere in my world, but I want to be able to fix the actual file so if I don't have to edit every time I place the house/community venue and so I can tell what they are just by looking at them in my library. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 6:02 AM
Place the lot somewhere, rename it and put the "fixed" lot back in the library. Then you can remove the original nameless file.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 3:57 PM
I rename all the Library files just by deleting that long non descriptive file name and adding the name of the lot and where I got it from. Just make sure you leave the .package in tact; i.e. HouseColorMeOrangePancakeMTS.package
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Place the lot somewhere, rename it and put the "fixed" lot back in the library. Then you can remove the original nameless file.

Thanks, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that. Guess I figured the solution had to be more complicated.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 12:18 AM
There is a more complicated solution, the one you initially asked for: editing the LDES resource inside the package file. You would need S3PE and a Hex editor for this and I have no idea how to proceed from there. But this should be the method that won't require to open a game, place the lot, change the name in-game and save the edited lot as a new file into the Library.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 2:29 AM
I have S3PE, since I use it for combining package files. Don't think I have a hex editor anymore, though. I did try googling and didn't find anything helpful, but I didn't try searching for how to change it with hex editing.