Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:20 AM
Default I know this game is new...
But any genitals patch? With the introduction of the no mosaic mod, I cant help but feel like all my male sims are hermaphrodites >.<
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:47 AM
They'll never patch genitals into a sims game. In Sims 2 there was a cheat to disable the mosaic but after some controversy they had to get rid of that cheat.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:18 AM
You're talking about a mod, I assume?

Nothing yet.

Also, not really hermaphrodites. They're dolls. As in, Barbies and Kens have no genitals or nipples to speak of.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:19 AM
Yep, hermaphrodites would have all the right bits and pieces and then some.

Hi! I'm a pepper and I was wondering if you'd like to be a pepper too.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:17 AM
Hermaphrodite isn't a very nice term to use when you're referring to people...
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:27 AM
it's seem he/she refer to both genitals = hermaphrodite :P

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:23 PM
Actually Sims 2 had mods for genitals. Both "happy" and not. Lol
Yes I tried them and I'm not shamed to say I did hehe
Theorist
#8 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:17 PM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 16th Sep 2014 at 12:51 AM.
Man, I don't want to see Mortimer's junk and twigs or Katrina's huhu. I can understand mods for it. But this is a game that chickened out on the woohoo skill. If there are man bits and lady bits, woohoo becomes porking. The Sims world is in the safety pocket universe where risque things are handled with goofy and creative workarounds. It wouldn't match the whole scheme. BUT IF THEY DID... it begs to dive further into whether circumcised or uncircumcised, chode / chide sliders, and triangle, strip, waxed, or jungle. If the door to Sims genitals flies open it can't help but clash with the overall design, but also slopes steep and further into genital talk when people ask for options and accessories. Also, I wouldn't want to see The Sims go down that road and change its world. It's like having another American Pie movie, but now they add saving the environment, voting, and calculating exchange rates.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:21 PM
@Shoosh Malooka - You've had some great posts, and this one is near the top. Hysterical!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:38 PM
I was actually going to make a topic about this, but for a different reason. On another website, I found that people had already made a couple "anatomically correct" skins, as well as transparent clothing so they could show them off. But they wanted to charge money for the skins! I found it laughable, considering people were complaining so much about EA charging for DLC. What do you guys think? Would you pay for something like that, and if so, how is that any different than paying EA for stuff?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:01 PM
EA is never going to include genitals. They try to keep it as pg as possible lol! I've seen, and used, mods for them for both sims 2, and 3. Surely soon there will be some for ts4. Just keep your eye out.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:09 PM
Quote:
I was actually going to make a topic about this, but for a different reason. On another website, I found that people had already made a couple "anatomically correct" skins, as well as transparent clothing so they could show them off. But they wanted to charge money for the skins! I found it laughable, considering people were complaining so much about EA charging for DLC. What do you guys think? Would you pay for something like that, and if so, how is that any different than paying EA for stuff?

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm of the belief that there's nothing wrong with charging for that sort of thing. After all, people are working really hard to create textures, meshes, animations, mods, and things like that, and it's no easy task. If they wish to charge for it, there's no shame in it and is actually what I would expect. People always want free art, and artists tend to be all too compliant, but you're using up your time and money for it, so you deserve to be compensated, right?

In any case, and back on topic, I don't think these mods will take much to emerge, since a lot of people are looking for them. I never really enjoyed them, particularly because I never thought they looked good or added anything to my game, so I'm not particularly waiting for it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by owi2000

This will sound mean... but anyways: The fact that someone buys into this new installment despite everything that has been said so many times (so I won't repeat it) does not mean that this someone is stupid.
But.
You can calculate with a higher probability. EA sure as hell does.
People who try to sell you something that in Sims 2 and Sims 3 was out for free before the game was even released, count on that. So prove them wrong and be patient.
Theorist
#14 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SerenaSims
EA is never going to include genitals.

Yeah! If sims have their genitals showing, then... the whole woohoo and covering it up with cute simlish that we can understand by the expression of its sound becomes totally useless. That's why EA can relax and let mods handle it.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:16 PM
It's an awkward topic, and one whose discussion is probably somewhat borderline on this site, but since I was just talking about this very topic with a friend....

I draw a line between a game in which Sims are "entire," that is they have all their bits and look like real people, and an "X-rated" game in which Sims can "do things" that aren't available without mods. I have always been in favor of the former and not of the latter in my own games. Like the OP (except that I would use the term "Barbie and Ken dolls" to describe the effect), I always found myself feeling sorry for my SIms, especially my male Sims, without the needed mesh replacements and skintones with "adult details." This eventually became possible in TS3, and no doubt sometime soon will be possible in TS4. I'm guessing we can't discuss here those websites which will offer such content, but if I'm able to find them, I'm sure pretty much anyone can who's interested. I think that mods will soon enable teenage (this one is admittedly sketchy), young adult, mature adult, and elder Sims to have all their correct parts, just as it was in TS3 and TS2. (And, for all I know, probably TS1 too, though I didn't play that game long enough to find out.)

Each individual player draws that line in a different place, in terms of what he or she is comfortable with in game. That being said, EA Games will NEVER EVER make their own code to give SIms all the correct parts. Their main concern in the matter is money, and they want to steer well clear of anything that they think has even the remotest chance of making them liable to any conceivable kind of lawsuit. No doubt they also want to make their game appropriate for as wide an age range as possible, hence the censor grids that don't actually cover up anything, and the "herbs," "juice kegs," and "nectar bottles" in the UL and WA expansion packs in TS3.

tl;dr Each Simmer has different comfort levels with the custom content in his or her game. Having no small children in the house, I'm completely fine with a game that's "non-sexual but for adults only" as I like to consider it. Some Simmers will have similar tastes, others will think I'm a pervert, while still others will think I'm a prude. There is more than enough room for all of us, and with time, I think every one of us will have as much customization potential with TS4 as with TS3.
Instructor
#16 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
I'm definitely waiting for some good default-replacement skins to come out. I don't care so much about what's "down there", though a bit of hair texture to make it seem slightly less barbie-doll wouldn't go amiss, but I don't like having nipples on the guys but none on the ladies. I'm totally fine with this being the default in the game, though, as that's one of the nice things about the sims. Everybody can mod the game to be how they want it to be.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:52 PM
I am a gamer who want to make my sims as real as possible so I'm a huge and loyal fan of these genital mods. (Including woohoo interaction mods)

There will definitely be genital mods come out for sure. As they came out during TS2 and 3 era.

It may take less time for TS4 because of CAS tools Maxis provide for game modders.
In TS3 era it takes almost 3 years! (If my memory is correct.) And it takes more than 4 years for animation mods of woohoo interaction.
The genital mods of TS3 which came out created by Crammyboy, it is the best. It's not just a clothes(that you have to put on in CAS).
You can choose sizes, state of erection, circumcised or uncircumcised, length and skins map.

You can follow the genital mods development at Sexysims2 site. It's the buddy site of Modthesims.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
it's seem he/she refer to both genitals = hermaphrodite :P

Still, the correct term is "intersex".
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:40 AM
Sexysims2 does nothing with sims 4