Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:35 PM
Something else I didn't realize I missed until playing TS2 recently:

The "hang out" interaction. God, that was such an easy way to build relationships without having to spam the queue with "chat" and "tell joke". Though this is a feature I miss a lot more in TS3 than I do TS4. TS3 is the game where you had to hold your sims' hands through evey step of the relationship building process -____-

Which also brings me to another thing I miss:
Conversations starting when I want them too. TS4 really went above in beyond with their socialization options...but they might have gone a little too beyond. One on one conversations in public lots should not be as difficult to have as they are. Every time my Sims are on a date, they can't just talk to their significant other. They gotta talk to every Tom, Dick, and Jane within ten feet of them, until the one on one turns to one on four. Like... I'm glad y'all are so chatty. That's one of the few step ups from TS3. But tone it down some.

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
One on one conversations in public lots should not be as difficult to have as they are. Every time my Sims are on a date, they can't just talk to their significant other. They gotta talk to every Tom, Dick, and Jane within ten feet of them, until the one on one turns to one on four. Like... I'm glad y'all are so chatty. That's one of the few step ups from TS3. But tone it down some.

It makes it impossible for loner sims to function like their trait should. They end up talking with anyone and everyone anyway - regardless of that uncomfortable moodlet. :/ No way to have a recluse.
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:09 AM
Every time my Sims are on a date, they can't just talk to their significant other. They gotta talk to every Tom, Dick, and Jane within ten feet of them, until the one on one turns to one on four. Like... I'm glad y'all are so chatty. That's one of the few step ups from TS3. But tone it down some.

I recall having a Sim couple out on a date at the library. The librarian came from across the room to interact with her (probably found her attractive), shoved himself into the conversation and, since my Sim couple was busy doing romantic/flirty things, suddenly got embarrassed over this awkward conversation topic. Yeah, well, your own fault for butting in, buddy.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:53 AM
Smarter? More like Questionable Sims.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Lulu_c : 31st Aug 2018 at 5:23 AM.

Something like this from my old TS3 screenshots.
I just realized living on an island would not make much difference in TS4 because sims travel through loading screen or get teleported from their front door anyway.
I do understand the pros and cons for open world but still...
Mad Poster
#56 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:48 AM
Something else I didn't realize I missed until playing TS2 recently:

The "hang out" interaction. God, that was such an easy way to build relationships without having to spam the queue with "chat" and "tell joke". Though this is a feature I miss a lot more in TS3 than I do TS4. TS3 is the game where you had to hold your sims' hands through evey step of the relationship building process -____-

I like this mod for the "socialize" interaction: (http://modthesims.info/d/437344)

But you're right, I wish sims would have more interesting and organic conversations on their own instead of being forced to do some interaction that their trait told them to.
Test Subject
#57 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 11:50 AM
It's been said a thousand times, but I miss open world!
Forum Resident
#58 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:56 PM
The cell phone being accessible by clicking on the Sim, and not having to hunt for a separate interface button. This is one design change I still don't understand. I'm used to it by now, since I've had the game since June and have played pretty much nothing since, but it still strikes me as odd.
Space Pony
#59 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
Better lighting. TS2 with Gunmod's lighting mod has better lighting than TS4.

More interactions. Romantic, like stargazing, goosing, and jumping into arms, slow dancing and cuddling in bed at 7 a.m. Speaking of beds, being able to make them, relax, and cuddle on top of them. Hanging out was a good one, just sit on the ground and talk. On the kids side, they could play patty-cake, for instance.

Higher-fidelity objects all around; e.g. TS2 computers have modeled keyboard keys whereas the keys are just a flat texture in TS4. They also looked like real computers at that, whereas the ones in TS4 look like something out of a Nickelodeon cartoon.

Table interactions, like being able to propose, toast, and hold hands.

Cars, and their associated interactions, like making out and sitting and talking.

The little details that make the world feel alive, like Sims opening drawers and cabinets to pull out utensils to cook meals, water in the sink when its being used, TVs lighting up the room at night, droopy pizza slices that flop when being eaten, pizza boys opening the trunk of a car to get the pizza, car suspensions sagging when somebody gets into the car.

This too. Sims could rub the belly and talk to it in TS2, I think.

YAAAAS!
Forum Resident
#60 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 3:21 AM
you could teach teens too drive a car in sims 3. And the food trucks were good.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 3:35 AM
So many things. A lot of them have been mentioned already, but something else I'd like is to be able to actually place lots. I hate hate HATE how they give us so few lots that make it impossible to have every type of lot you need in one town, but that wouldn't be a problem if we could just place our own.

Also, I feel like this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I really don't feel like we should be able to hop from world to world willy nilly. It's pretty immersion breaking to be in Brindleton Bay, for example, in the middle of a blizzard, then someone calls and invites you to a club that's in Oasis Springs and there's a heatwave and no time has passed. But that ties in to the whole limited lot thing, which REQUIRES us to world hop all the time in order to actually use all the commercial lot types in the game. I hate that. At first I thought it was cool that we could visit other towns, but now I'd rather it be how it was in previous games. I mean, I do feel like it could work if it was handled better. Like if it cost money to go there (gas/plane tickets or whatever) and it actually took time. Not necessarily like vacation worlds, though if we had hotels that could be somewhere to stay, like if someone visited another town to see friends and family there for the holidays or something. It would be more realistic that way.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:42 PM
Recently while I was playing I thought of how the sims were placing plates on the table one by one when serving food for family in TS2 I think. Not a huge thing of course but that was a nice cute touch.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 7:02 PM
I want to be able to cue up Sim Marty at home and then send Sim Jennifer traveling without Marty doing his own thing as soon as Jennifer is out of sight.
I want the "Fast until completed" speed setting back - number 4.
Witches and wizards, as has been said before. There's Triplis' sorcerer mod, but it needs magic wands and alchemy like Sims 3, (preferably Wizarding World style).
Where's my time travel? I want something like Into the Future, with robots.
CAW, or at least the ability to entirely change the population. I get tired of playing with the same townie characters every game.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 11:09 PM
Cars, Robot Lifestate, Witches, Magic Town, spiral staircases, burglars, cops, firemen, stage foundations, and amusement park stuff (kinda goes with magic town, but not necessarily as a magic town doesn't have to follow the sims 1 formula)

Also though not strictly important to my game enjoyment, it would be nice for the next vacation gamepack to be beach themed and bring back proper honeymoons.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 12:01 AM
Drums, bass guitar, beaches, swimmable oceans, spiral stairs, modular stairs, bunk beds, pool tables, trash compactors, trampolines, cars, bicycles. I miss things from the sims 2 Freetime such as the sewing machine, pottery wheel, toy making bench, and that car they can build. I miss slow dancing, smustle dancing, tai chi/martial arts, kicky bag, relaxing on beds and playing tug of war with dogs. I'm sure there are more things, but the things I mentioned are what I miss the most.
Instructor
#66 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 12:57 AM
Not enough space on this website to list.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I like this mod for the "socialize" interaction: (http://modthesims.info/d/437344)

...Where the hell has this mod been all my life!?

The Receptacle still lives!
Page 3 of 3