Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 1:31 PM
Default Custom TV Channels
I remember in TS2, all I had to do was add in .avi file to a specific folder. I have heard that this process is like really complicated for TS4 and was wondering if its achievable?

Thank you.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:00 PM
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:16 PM
Achievable? But no way easy for a novice computer user, and there are channel overrides and channels addictions on the net.
First it's a matter of re-encoding the video first so tools like VP6Converter will recognize it and convert it EA's way so you will expect to lose quite a bit of quality of the way.

Then if you want the audio too, it's the matter of separating it from the original source so its a stand-alone wav or mp3, converting this to the correct bitrate and then allow the tool encode along onto your converted video.

So you will need a few video/audio editing programs along the way, then last of all is to test and hope for the best, if your game crashes you have done it a little incorrectly.

Yes TS2 was very flexible in the apartment, it would except almost any codec.