Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 40 of 42
Test Subject
#976 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 11:10 PM
Can anyone with Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection help? I've followed the manual install instructions to a T and I still can't get my custom content to show up at all. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it just doesn't work with Windows 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#977 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 2:30 AM
Lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#978 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 2:30 AM
Lol
Test Subject
#979 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:09 PM Last edited by sunniwawa : 31st Aug 2016 at 5:10 AM.
Default How to install CEP for Ultimate Collection
Quote: Originally posted by criswithnoh
Can anyone with Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection help? I've followed the manual install instructions to a T and I still can't get my custom content to show up at all. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it just doesn't work with Windows 10

Had the same issue, but I finally fixed It! It works!

First: Download: CEP_Windows+MAC_Manual-Installation.zip

A) _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package:
This file must be copied into your Downloads folder.

B) " _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package:
This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
but if you have changed the installation path while installing the game, it may be different.

C) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
C:\ (Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#980 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:42 PM
Ok
Test Subject
#981 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 8:40 AM
Default .
Quote: Originally posted by sunniwawa

This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
but if you have changed the installation path while installing the game, it may be different.

C) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
C:\ (Program Files (x86)\OriginGames\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\"

But there is no installation folder and I've never seen one in my life. There's just pictures,videos,documents and downloads. If I want to put something in the sims 2 game I have to put it in the documents folder
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#982 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:19 AM
You make sims2, so much more; I am not a creator but I so enjoy all the creations your CEP & scriptoium have given me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#983 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 3:39 AM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#984 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 3:39 AM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#985 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 3:39 AM
gracias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#986 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 8:03 PM
Thanks for making this "wonderful" mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#987 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 8:09 PM
I forgot how to install this but that's ok and its really glitchy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#988 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 1:57 PM
Thank You!
Test Subject
#989 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 2:53 PM
Hi, I got an issue, I can't recolor the kids activity table :/ I don't know if it's just that object at all, but all the other things (mailbox, community phone, money tree etc.) works all right, I've downloaded a recolor from Irma here on MTS, but I can't recolor it at all :c
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#990 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:17 PM
Yay! I can bring some color into my new Pleasantcity world :3 Thank you REALLY much :)
Field Researcher
#991 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunniwawa

I was able to use the automatic installer, and everything ended up in the right place. Ultimate Collection on Windows 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#992 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 4:01 PM
obj
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#993 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 2:15 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
#994 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:20 PM
Test Subject
#995 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 1:41 PM
Does anybody know the exact location for the second file on super collection for mac??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#996 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 3:19 PM
Thank you.
Test Subject
#997 Old 1st May 2017 at 1:57 PM Last edited by overhealer : 1st May 2017 at 3:19 PM.
This is kind of a shot in the dark since it's been 9 years but I'm trying to get CEP to use with TS2 Ultimate Collection on Origin and I'm having some trouble installing it. TS2 has installed itself in Windows 10's annoyinh "OneDrive" cloud thingy, so CEP naturally wants to go there as well. The only problem is that for some reason the installer thinks all the folders in OneDrive are called "???????" (which they aren't really), so it tries to extract the files into that - and fails, because obviously there is no actual "???????" folder. Is there any way for me to extract the CEP files and move them into the correct folder manually? It asks me where to save the documentation but not the actual files themselves, so I was thinking maybe I could do it manually.

EDIT: Nevermind! Literally as soon as I posted this I realised I could do a manual installation!
Top Secret Researcher
#998 Old 25th May 2017 at 5:57 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 29th May 2017 at 6:00 PM.
Complete instructions for installing CEP in Sims2 Super Collection Mac

a) _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package:
Place the file "_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" into your Sims Downloads folder:
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads

b) _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package:
Open the Applications folder, then RIGHT CLICK The Sims 2, and select "Show package contents"
Navigate then to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Sims3D/
Place the file "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package" in that folder.

c) "Extra" folder:
Open it and you will find 2 subfolders, "MyDocuments" and "ProgramFiles".

c1) Open the "MyDocuments" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it to:
Applications folder-->TheSims2-->"Show package contents"-->Contents/
c2) Open the "ProgramFiles" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in to:
Applications folder-->TheSims2-->"Show package contents"-->Contents/Home/TSData/Res/CATALOG

I did it this way and as far as I can tell it is correct, I have several recolours of some posters and some painting recolours. The recoloured items show up like they are supposed to.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#999 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 1:39 AM
Most of my custom phones disappear in the live mode :/ Deleting the "phone" file in the extra only removes the recolors of the maxis phone. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really wish I could use phones other than the maxis ones...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#1000 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 3:28 AM
Thanks (again!) and thanks for the Ultimate Collection instructions. Very helpful!
Page 40 of 42