Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:58 AM
Looking for Sims 1 CC from particular old sites
Hello everyone,
This is a huge long shot but I'm looking for some Sims 1 CC from two long dead sites in particular: Simsylvania.com and Nighttimesims.no. Does ANYONE out there have any files from those two sites, or know where I can perhaps find any of them? I was able to retrieve the old files from Grimsims.com which I'm ecstatic about but in order to complete the old gothic family I had I really need some of the skins from the two sites above. ANY and all help is appreciated, thank you!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 3:11 AM
It's good to know that some people are still interested in this game. I was starting to take pity for poor ole Sims 1 and post something to liven up this part of the section. Did you try the Wayback Machine yet? It's a website that archives old websites and even saves the files on some of them but beware that the download links may not work or some of the files may turn up missing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:51 PM
Thank you for the fast reply! Yes, I've checked and unfortunately most of the links where files would be are broken. It's a shame really that all of these sites are now gone, they had such fantastic content back in the day! I can't believe it's been nearly 20 years since I was a Sims 1 player. I *thought* I had backed up all of my Sims 1 files and alas I now cannot seem to find them. After Sims 2 came out I know many people (myself included) abandoned the original game, so it's understandable that creators have simply moved on. Still, it's sad to know all of these beautiful works of art are no longer.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 21st Aug 2018 at 2:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SkullySkarlet
Thank you for the fast reply! Yes, I've checked and unfortunately most of the links where files would be are broken. It's a shame really that all of these sites are now gone, they had such fantastic content back in the day! I can't believe it's been nearly 20 years since I was a Sims 1 player. I *thought* I had backed up all of my Sims 1 files and alas I now cannot seem to find them. After Sims 2 came out I know many people (myself included) abandoned the original game, so it's understandable that creators have simply moved on. Still, it's sad to know all of these beautiful works of art are no longer.

Try asking for the files on CTO Sims' Facebook group because they specialize in Sims 1 content. They used to have a website up where they hosted old Sims 1 content that were lost to the sands of time and they had even helped you make new content for it kind of like what this site does. Read about my experience there right here. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=605154 Unfortunately their website went down over a couple years ago but the good news is that they're finally working on bringing the site back but little progress seems to be made right now and no update had been made about it since May 9th which is honestly wasn't that long ago. Here's the quote from Joan Rutherford Plamp the administrator and I think she owns and works the site alongside her husband too but i'm not too sure.
Quote: Originally posted by Joan Rutherford Plamp
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to drop in and let you know we have not forgotten you! We are waiting on one major step to be completed. The person doing that has not been around lately, but I am still confident that we will move forward. I am ready, willing, and anxious to get started doing my part of getting the website back up, as soon as it is ready for me to get started! Michael, Mary, Gabriele, and Polly are still on board and ready to go to work as soon as we can. So we will have a full staff when the site reopens.

Wherever or not the site will ever come back only time will tell but for the time being try registering on their Facebook group called CTO Sims! You would have to wait until they accept you but they should accept your request there as a member of their group in no time just like they had done with me. Here's the link to their Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ctosims/.

P.S Oh did I tell you that i'm only 20 years old. I had started playing Sims when I was a little tot. I used to enjoy killing my sims by catching them on fire using the rocket launcher. Oh yeah they were the simpler times but when Sims 2 arrived around the corner that introduced a full 3d environment and new features that became and should set the standard for what a life simulation should be, me and my sisters haven't looked back ever since but the original Sims will always have a special place in our hearts. It was just hard for us go back and look at those old blocky, rough and crude graphics after being spoiled with 2. As a matter of fact I might just boot up the old laptop that has Sims 1 on it that's loaded with tons of cc and mods and play that for a while.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 2:53 PM
@SkullySkarlet I could ask them that you are looking for old content from Simsylvania.com and Nighttimesims.no if you like if you don't really want to register there. It would be my pleasure to help you track down and find lost old Sims 1 content even though I was really young when this game was really popular until Sims 2 came out to dethrone it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 4:14 PM
You've been extremely helpful! I can't thank you enough for your help. They accepted my request to join the group so I'm hopeful at least *some* of my missing files can be found. I've spent the last week searching every USB drive or cloud I own with no luck...I guess they really are gone I did however find a few cc files from the wayback machine, so that has helped. It just sucks so many links to files are broken or were never archived.

I was a teenager when the Sims 1 game was released and I immediately fell in love with it (I'm in my 30's now). I was especially enthralled with all of the gloomy and dark custom content created by the Sims community. (You can imagine how excited I was when Makin' Magic came out!) I think one of the very first sims I made was a vampire with clothing and features I grabbed from Simsylvania, Amazon Sims, and other gothic sims sites. I had the awesome-est goth Adamms family-ish manor built with a vampire hunter who ended up falling for a vampire and marrying her, their creepy kid who insisted on wearing a skull mask everywhere she went and scaring the neighborhood children, a black 2 headed dog, I could go on haha. I really had tons of fun with that game. Like most, I eventually upgraded to Sims 2 once it rolled into town and although I purchased both 3 and 4, have just stayed put with 2, as Sims 3 and 4 just failed to hold my interest. I suppose it's the freedom of customization that keeps me with Sims 2. Recently I decided to fire up my old Sims 1 game and that's when I started searching for my old files and have been trying to track some of the content down since then. And yes I agree it's definitely hard to go back to the blocky, pixelated graphics of the original Sims. At the same time, the game has this nostalgic quality to it that brings you back to whatever point in your life when you were first playing it.
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:43 PM
And yes I agree it's definitely hard to go back to the blocky, pixelated graphics of the original Sims. At the same time, the game has this nostalgic quality to it that brings you back to whatever point in your life when you were first playing it.

And don't forget that this game has one of the best original soundtracks that I had heard composed in a video game. Tell me what you had found so far and it's my pleasure and my honor to able to help you out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 7:38 PM
haha yep I quite often will turn off the Sims 2 music and put on the Sims 1 soundtrack to play instead! I <3 the Sims 1 music!!!

As for my files, there is a particular file that I've been searching for from Simsylvania that I haven't been able to find. It's in the pale section of female heads, labeled as "Julienne". She was one of my favorite sims in the game. Let me know if you come across anyone that has files from their site stored, you just never know, they might have that one particular file I need. I was able to retrieve the head mesh off the main site from wayback machine, just not the bmp file.
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 10:08 PM
haha yep I quite often will turn off the Sims 2 music and put on the Sims 1 soundtrack to play instead! I <3 the Sims 1 music!!!

As for my files, there is a particular file that I've been searching for from Simsylvania that I haven't been able to find. It's in the pale section of female heads, labeled as "Julienne". She was one of my favorite sims in the game. Let me know if you come across anyone that has files from their site stored, you just never know, they might have that one particular file I need. I was able to retrieve the head mesh off the main site from wayback machine, just not the bmp file.

@SkullySkarlet Have you found the bmp file yet?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 2:04 AM
No luck yet! There's someone on the CTO fb page that might have some simsylvania files so I'm waiting to see if they can be uploaded on simfileshare. Keeping fingers crossed!
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:01 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 24th Aug 2018 at 3:27 PM.
No luck yet! There's someone on the CTO fb page that might have some simsylvania files so I'm waiting to see if they can be uploaded on simfileshare. Keeping fingers crossed!

Did you ask them specially that you were unable to recover the bmp from Simsylvania? Now that i'm waiting for a new charger for my new laptop after my dad gets the proper information from me about the charger I guess now is a right time to boot up the old laptop and get nostalgic,play Sims 1 and listen to that smoothing jazz music. I really don't really care that the graphics aren't that good to look at today I just want to relive my carefree childhood days playing this game just as you had relived your teen days playing this game before adulthood had finally caught up with both of us. Are there any good websites that you know of that still makes good custom content for the original Sims?
I had already have a lot that I had downloaded from before CTO Sims went down but I need more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Did you ask them specially that you were unable to recover the bmp from Simsylvania? Now that i'm waiting for a new charger for my new laptop after my dad gets the proper information from me about the charger I guess now is a right time to boot up the old laptop and get nostalgic,play Sims 1 and listen to that smoothing jazz music. I really don't really care that the graphics aren't that good to look at today I just want to relive my carefree childhood days playing this game just as you had relived your teen days playing this game before adulthood had finally caught up with both of us. Are there any good websites that you know of that still makes good custom content for the original Sims?
I had already have a lot that I had downloaded from before CTO Sims went down but I need more.

I haven't asked directly for the file but you are right I probably should! As long as I have that particular bmp file I think I can restart my old creepy family, as I have the skins for the vampire hunter and the little girl already that I found from the wayback machine. I really could just hit myself in the head for not being more careful about protecting my old Sims 1 files. So frustrating!!

As for sites that make good cc for the original sims, most of the ones I remember from 15-20 years ago have long went kaput. Someone on the CTO fb page just posted a list of Sims 1 sites that are either still open or have been archived, which I think will be super beneficial to us in our search for content.

I'm getting a new computer in a few weeks and I'm a little nervous as to whether or not it'll be able to play my Sims games. Both my PC and laptop still run on Windows 7.
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:34 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 28th Aug 2018 at 7:54 PM. Reason: Typed in well instead of real
I haven't asked directly for the file but you are right I probably should! As long as I have that particular bmp file I think I can restart my old creepy family, as I have the skins for the vampire hunter and the little girl already that I found from the wayback machine. I really could just hit myself in the head for not being more careful about protecting my old Sims 1 files. So frustrating!!

As for sites that make good cc for the original sims, most of the ones I remember from 15-20 years ago have long went kaput. Someone on the CTO fb page just posted a list of Sims 1 sites that are either still open or have been archived, which I think will be super beneficial to us in our search for content.

I'm getting a new computer in a few weeks and I'm a little nervous as to whether or not it'll be able to play my Sims games. Both my PC and laptop still run on Windows 7.

Well isn't that a darn shame. Let's hope that CTO Sims make a comeback real soon. That site hosted a bunch of files from Sims 1 cc websites that had long since disappeared.
Scholar
#14 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:58 AM
@SkullySkarlet If that doesn't work out for you then try N99 https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/starlightsims/index.php and SimCave http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org/index.php. Your chances of finding would likely increase if you asked there but if you ask me there's no other more dedicated to saving the legacy of Sims 1 than the ones at CTO Sims.
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 6:50 AM Last edited by PrincessKharis : 29th Oct 2018 at 1:35 PM.
CTO is planning a comeback but no set date as yet

In the meantime try here https://terraluna.space/portal.php some of the former members started this group you will need to register but they will be able to help you