Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 2:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CAS screen is blue, only the UI is visible. In live mode, it's the other way round
Hellooo, I have yet another problem vv;

I run the UC on Win7-64bit, my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 520.

Sooo, I tried to create a family in CAS. But as the title says, the entire screen was lightblue and only the UI was visible. I have a camera mod installed, so I put the back-up back into the folder but the problem persisted. I only ever use bodyshop for sim creation, so I thought it'd be fine to keep using the CAS like this since the UI was still completely usable (you could even merge the genetics between two sims, still). I was able to save the family, and let them move into a lot but then, the problem reoccured; only inverted this time. I was able to see my Sims and could even kind of play (change between Sims by clicking on the right, and simply let them interact) but the UI was gone. None of the keys worked either, so in the end I had to end the game by stopping the process in the task manager. I then tried to run the vanilla game, because mayyybe it was the fault of some CC but nope, even then the still problem. Repairing the game over Origin didn't do anything either.
Bodyshop and entering a lot over build-mode works just fine though! Also, I know that CAS/Live mode definitely did use to work because I created a family to test some mods just a few days ago.

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?
Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 3:15 AM
Probably your Intel HD Graphics 520. Are you on a notebook? That isn't really designed for games and sims 2 is more graphic intensive than many people realize. I would try removing every piece of CC and putting all settings on low.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 12:25 AM
It only resolved the Live mode problem, the CAS sadly is still unusable - but this is good enough. Thank you very much!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 12:55 AM
Make sure to use a cooling pad and to not let it overheat. Games have been known to melt chips taking the whole motherboard out with it. So small lots, short playing times.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~