Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2023 at 3:51 PM
Default Bug/Glitch? PI Sims Resets in Middle of Case.
I wanted to try testing the PI career with science center lot replaced and both rabbit hole rug and door. All in separate new saves. To see what kind of results I could get and possibly get help figuring why it's resetting my Sim each time I use either a replaced lot, rabbit hole door or rug. I've done this test several times with the same results. lol

I tried creating a new 2nd work outfit and without ErrorTrap. Still reset Sim.

I have a feeling this might a known bug/glitch, but I haven't seen it talked about?

I did testing with and without Nraas mods, custom content or store content.

I slightly edited the original science center lot. I deleted the rabbit hole to lay down the same tile that was there and replaced the rabbit hole. Moved some trees, added a couple of tables, a chess table, chairs and lights. After I was finished with editing the lot I saved it to the library.

Started a new save with the lot placed and that's when I noticed that my Sim reset with and without mods installed. One of the cases they reset on was when I had them do the Art Heist case.

What my hope is to have someone to hopefully confirm the bug/glitch is most likey because of the replaced science lab or even tell me it's player fault. Try this or that instead.

More Details: ----

The case I choose to test this with was -
RobotHeist - (Great Clap Trap of an Art Heist)

In testing I used DebugEnabler to get to the case, specifically step 8, being conduct a stakeout.

Works great in Sunset Valley where the lot is either -not edited (left original) or edited in the same save I used to test in.

I saved the edited science center to the library and placed it into a new save. Tried again and my Sim reset back home, just like I though she would. I'm thinking this might be due to the lot being placed from the library and edited.

This has happened over several different tests I've done, so I figured it may be normal for it to glitch like that?

I did try a couple more tests - 1 with the rabbithole rug and then - 1 with the door. With same results of Sim reset back home. I figure this might be normal as well? It seems like the science center is a fussy rabbithole.

Each test I did that my Sim was reset it gave me an errortrap report. When I had errortrap installed. I saved those in case they were needed.

What my hope is to have someone look at the reports and either confirm that the glitch is because of the replaced science lab or even tell me it's player fault. Try this or that instead.

----

** Player Info:
– 2009-2013 Original Discs - 1.67 patch; No Smooth Patch
– Play-testing in a new Sims 3 folder, without most of my mods and custom content. List below.

These are the mods/cc I have currently installed.

(\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Misc)
bluegenjutsu_NoAutoPlacingCommunityLots.package
MFC_RHD-Jynx_ScienceCenterDoor-PetsFix.package
MFC_RHR-Jynx_RugScienceCenter-PetsFix.package
ModernLoadingScreenS3.package
NoBuildSparkles.package
nointro.package

(\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Nraas)
CR_NRaas_Overwatch_V123e.package
NRaas_DebugEnabler.package
NRaas_ErrorTrap.package
NRaas_ErrorTrap_Tuning_DisableDereferencing.package
NRaas_MasterController.package
NRaas_MasterControllerCheats.package
NRaas_MasterControllerIntegration.package
NRaas_NoCD.package
NRaas_Register.package
NRaas_Traffic.package