Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:50 PM
Default Creating new book covers
Hey there... So i'm very noob but i always wanted to learn how to create stuff so here i am.

I want to create some medieval books but is it possible? Is it possible to change the texture of the existing books? the ideal thing to do would be creating a brand new object, because i want to avoid default replacements if possible.

I looked in TSW but i only could fin an object called "book page" it's a good start but I want to find the book mesh
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 8:35 PM
Hi,

Yes it is possible to change the texture of existing books. Take the University Year books as an example-to change the texture of those books to say something that looks worn complete the following:

1) once cloned in TSR, click on the texture tab
2) There are 4 channels: A,B,C, and D. To open the first channel, A, click on A, then edit button to the right
3) This brings up the pattern editor. Here you can change the pattern to an existing EA pattern by clicking on the file at the top left, or change to your own pattern by clicking on the button to the right of the file (looks like a piece of paper) which brings up the pattern tool
4) Using the pattern tool load your custom pattern and click done. Now your pattern will be applied to the first channel of the book. Repeat the following steps for the rest of the channels or disable those extra channels by clicking false under Enabled in the texture tab.

To create your own custom patterns see this tutorial: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Custom_Patterns

Now, to change the writing on the cover of the book you would need to complete an overlay. To do so, go to The Sims Resource and download Sue's tutorial on texturing (part 2 of the meshing tutorials). Once completed it would go into the overlay tab in the textures tab.

Lastly, you may want to mesh your own books, which is actually a fairly easy beginner project. If you wish to do that, go to Sims resource and download both parts of the meshing tutorial (first one done by RicciNumbers, the second part by Sue) and follow that tutorial.

Hope I have been of some help If you have any questions or problems let me know

Cheers